Order of profiles on the Stage

• I loaded a bunch of cover song profiles from Rig Manager over to the Stage. I had them in the exact order I wanted them in on RM but on the Stage, they can only be ordered by Name, Author, gain, etc. What is the best way to do this? I know I could do it in performance mode, which is what I use live but I want to only have these in Browser mode only.

• You could update the names of the rigs in sequential order, and then sort by name.

"The Duck Song" is renamed "001 The Duck Song"

Using two leading zeros lessens the chances of there already being Rigs in your Profiler that will get in the way of your list.

For Example:

001 The Duck Song

002 Liberty Mutual Insurance TV Commercial song

003 Wonderwall

004 Baby Shark

005 etc...

• I'm wondering, how you achieved the correct order in Rig Manager and why you cannot reproduce that in the PROFILER.

Meaningful tags like Rig Name, Creation Date, Author, Gain, Amp Name you could use for sorting in Rig Manager are also available in the hardware.

You would probably not use a tag like microphone position to organize your Rigs in the intended order in Rig Manager.

And you cannot place Rigs in Rig Manager in any free order without sorting by any tag.

• When I moved the profiles I wanted from the list in RM (on my computer) to the Profiler list (still on computer screen), they were in the same order but on the Stage they arranged only by name, author, etc but not the order showing on the screen. On RM I had ordered them so all the Van Halen’s were together, the LedZeps, etc. I moved them in the order I wanted them, and they still showed that order on the computer, but they rearranged differently on the Stage. I can add numbers I guess to put them in order. Just annoying. I would’ve thought I could drag and drop in Rig Manager and it would appear exactly like that on the stage.

• There might be a misunderstanding.

You cannot assemble the order of Rigs in any Rig Manager list freely. The Rigs are always sorted by one of the tags either in ascending or descending order. Check out, which column has an upward or downward arrow at the top row. By clicking at the top of the column you select that tag e.g. "Rig Name" or "Amp Model" as your sort criteria and if the order is ascending or descending and all Rigs in that list get sorted accordingly. If you add another Rig by drag & drop, or copy & paste or import, it will be aligned to that sorting logic. This concept is familiar from PC file systems.

Most common sort criterias like Rig Name, creation data, Gain, Amp Name, Author Name are also available in your PROFILER hardware and will produce the same order as in Rig Manager.

Please check it out.

Having this said: the only exception from this rule are the Performances in MyProfiler. These have their fixed locations 1-125.

• Maybe until I click a header at the top, an order isn’t chosen, because after moving the profiles from the list stored on the computer in RM to the Profiler list, they stayed in the order too to bottom that I dragged them. I even went in and changed the names, like it may have said “TF-AC/DC -BIB Ang” and I changed that to “Back in black- Angus”. The order didn’t change in RM. Now, maybe they would have if I’d logged out and back in, OR if I’d clicked the header at the top. This may have reset the order. I’m only speaking of what I experienced.
    regarding the original issue, I’m just going to move the ones I want in the order I want to PERFORMAMCES. I was just hopeful there was an easier way of using the Browser area to order them. Thanks for everyone’s help!