Posts by JC MUSCLE SHOALS

I use performance mode exclusively in a worship setting with button 1 with a pad (with an infinite button for the pad on one of the effects buttons). Button 2 clean (but with a drive effect if needed (also chorus, trem and rotary on standby), button 3 mid drive, button 4 hi gain, button 5 lead sound. Don’t forget when you press any of the 5 you can initiate a morph. On all but the pad button, my morph adds verb. On the pad, morph trails off the verb (pad). I have other performance options banked up and down with lesser used tones but this performance, 90% of the time works perfectly.

My effects are similar on each button, 1/8 dly, dotted 1/8 dly, drive etc.

I have some songs with the intro, verse, chorus thing, but found it too limiting for normal use.

The Kemper is the perfect live solution for me. It is unmatched in the industry and I’m completely satisfied.

Is there any hope of a day coming where there’s enough horsepower to find a way to have multiple (preferably 20 or more) profiles that exist inside of one preset and as you play softer and louder, it adjusts itself) just like a tube being hit harder or softer. Instead of a snapshot, it would be like all tones and characteristics of an amp cloned. I can’t imagine how that could happen, but I don’t understand how Kemper has done what they have already either. This is actually what I hoped liquid profiles was going to be before I read about them.

I totally agree! This was the rig solution I’ve waited many years for. Do I still enjoy playing an amp at home? Certainly. But for live, the portability, consistency, quality and sound quality are unmatched in the industry.

The only one thing I hope will one day be achievable is for Kemper to find a way to have multiple (preferably 20 or more) profiles that exist inside of one preset and as you play softer and louder, it adjusts itself) just like a tube being hit harder or softer. I can’t imagine how that could happen, but I don’t understand how they’ve done what they have already either. This is what I hoped liquid profiles was going to be before I read about them.

Off topic, but if you play live, you definitely should take advantage of performance mode! That’s all I use live.

Hi EricTheFish, That's exactly the way I do it (see my post #3). I have no experience in Performance mode. I have everyting set in Browser mode, together with my Roland FC -200 midicontroller.

Hello all. I use my Stage exclusively in Performance mode and have my Mission expression pedal set to volume with the button (on the Mission) set to change to wah control. I want to keep volume all the time as the main use, but is it possible to set “preset specific” settings for the button (button on mission pedal)? Ex- one preset is volume/wah, the next is volume/morph, the next is volume/depth, volume/speed, etc.

Thanks in advance.

This may not be exactly relevant but for anyone who has kicked around using a click but wondered if it’s worth the effort, I’ll say this. Ive always scoffed about clicks. After all, I was born, raised and still live in Muscle Shoals. Music is like breathing here. “I don’t need no stinking click”. It was never an issue with bands where we were playing small stages but now, on a wide worship stage, with strings, brass on one side, piano, organ and synth on the other, drums, bass, acoustic and me in the middle and choir behind, we have to be on click to keep us all tight. I actually find it quite liberating. The music can breathe within the confines of KNOWING we’re locked. It’s helped immensely with my timing when there’s not a click. We use Planning Center on an iPhone if anyone is interested. Each song has tempo set and our pianist controls it. We all have IEM’s and each have our own mix by way of Avioms. I feel spoiled compared to some of the dives I played in “back in the day” ha ha.

I’ve have always left my Mission expression pedal on the setting for Volume and with a press of the button on the mission pedal (KP1) it controls wah,

2 questions. Is it easy to swap between this choice and then switch to using it for morphing? Ex- one performance will use the Exp pedal to control volume/wah and the next performance might have the Exp pedal control rotary speed, delay length or drive. When using the pedal for Expression, are there some other clever ways the button on the Mission could be used? Thanks!

Really

Maybe until I click a header at the top, an order isn’t chosen, because after moving the profiles from the list stored on the computer in RM to the Profiler list, they stayed in the order too to bottom that I dragged them. I even went in and changed the names, like it may have said “TF-AC/DC -BIB Ang” and I changed that to “Back in black- Angus”. The order didn’t change in RM. Now, maybe they would have if I’d logged out and back in, OR if I’d clicked the header at the top. This may have reset the order. I’m only speaking of what I experienced.
    regarding the original issue, I’m just going to move the ones I want in the order I want to PERFORMAMCES. I was just hopeful there was an easier way of using the Browser area to order them. Thanks for everyone’s help!

When I moved the profiles I wanted from the list in RM (on my computer) to the Profiler list (still on computer screen), they were in the same order but on the Stage they arranged only by name, author, etc but not the order showing on the screen. On RM I had ordered them so all the Van Halen’s were together, the LedZeps, etc. I moved them in the order I wanted them, and they still showed that order on the computer, but they rearranged differently on the Stage. I can add numbers I guess to put them in order. Just annoying. I would’ve thought I could drag and drop in Rig Manager and it would appear exactly like that on the stage.

I loaded a bunch of cover song profiles from Rig Manager over to the Stage. I had them in the exact order I wanted them in on RM but on the Stage, they can only be ordered by Name, Author, gain, etc. What is the best way to do this? I know I could do it in performance mode, which is what I use live but I want to only have these in Browser mode only.

Thank you for everyone’s replies. I definitely don’t plan to mic it and I’m perfectly happy with the sound straight out of the stage into the PA system. I wouldn’t be using the cab in those situations anyway since I use IEM’s. I was thinking more about at home and smaller situations where an amp would could be used without assistance of a PA or the rare situation that IEM’s aren’t available. In that case it would be nice to have an amp for monitoring and run out of the Stage to the PA. I’m using a Yamaha 10” powered speaker at home now. Just looking for something that might move air more like a tube amp. I don’t mean volume. I just mean with the quality of a guitar cab.

I don’t see many posts or much information about these. Also noticed retailers only carry the unpowered cab. I’d like to hear opinions from actual owners. For live I go straight into FOH but I’d like to have an option for an actual amp.

I’ve always kept my pedal set globally to volume/wah. In performance mode, is it possible to save pedal function per preset (one of the 5 within a performance) or either the whole performance (all 5 presets the same but pedal changing between performances)?
    example: One performance the pedal is volume. The next is delay length. Another is drive boost. Etc.

My preference would be to have the possibility to change pedal function with each of the 5 presets on EACH performance. Thanks!