Volume pedal settings

• I have a Boss FV-500H expression pedal plugged in pedal 2 at the back with a stereo cable. In Rig - Volume Pedal Settings there's a Range of max + 5.0. (Location is set to Output) Is there a way to increase volume a bit more there or elsewhere between rhythm and lead?

• I have a Boss FV-500H expression pedal plugged in pedal 2 at the back with a stereo cable. In Rig - Volume Pedal Settings there's a Range of max + 5.0. (Location is set to Output) Is there a way to increase volume a bit more there or elsewhere between rhythm and lead?

That could clip the channel strip on FoH depending where the baseline is

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

• I use the EXP pedal set to volume at the output. This allows global volume control, typically between a working level and zero, so I can regulate my overall volume on the fly.

For rhythm/lead level adjustments, I set this up in performance mode on specific rigs when required, either as a level morph on the current slot or a separate performance slot set up with delay, harmonizer, etc. as the lead passage needs.

Hope this helps.

• :) Hi Paults, I have the ability to compare the Boss expression pedal (with the min. en max. knob) with the volume pedal on my Roland FC-200 midipedal board. It makes no difference. If the Boss is set to max then that is the volume range for both pedals. And if both pedals are upthen they both act the same. But as I mentioned, it's no big deal... :)

• Hi EricTheFish, That's exactly the way I do it (see my post #3). I have no experience in Performance mode. I have everyting set in Browser mode, together with my Roland FC -200 midicontroller.

• I like to come back to what Kemper Support #1 tells me...

I've disconncted my expression pedal and leave it for what it is and use the volume pedal on my Roland midi board.

This should be to working fine, but..

I now have one patch for rhythm and a second path for lead copied from the first one. Both patches share the same parameters except for a bit more gain for the lead patch.

For the rhythm patch there is indeed a substantial amount of volume pressing to the max for the first patch (from rhythm volume to max volume). I can tell 24 dB like Kemper Support $1 says

I only have renamed the second patch. Pedal down is absoluterly quiet now and to the max is more volume hardly or not present.

What can be wrong here?

• Off topic, but if you play live, you definitely should take advantage of performance mode! That’s all I use live.

Hi EricTheFish, That's exactly the way I do it (see my post #3). I have no experience in Performance mode. I have everyting set in Browser mode, together with my Roland FC -200 midicontroller.

• volume pedal range is a rig parameter and can have a different value for each rig. If you want the same settings in every rig you need to activate the Vol Ped Lock option on the volume pedal settings page in the rig menu.

• Yes, I know, but why are both rig volumes set on 0 dB while the rhythm patch is sounding loud with pedal down and the lead patch with pedal down is fully quiet. I keep on thinking what causes this, but I can't figure it out...

• Off topic, but if you play live, you definitely should take advantage of performance mode! That’s all I use live.

I've been playing now for 9 years with my Kemper in Browse mode. Maybe people dislike that but if I change now to Performance mode then I might as well stop playing because I haven't the time to start all over again with all I did and learned in all these years. I would have to set my mind completely the other way around.