Posts by EricTheFish

I’m still using a Shure GLX-D system with a Kemper Stage. Never had any problems and works perfectly with active pickups in both electrics and acoustics.

Not all cheaper wireless products work well with active pickups if at all.

I use the EXP pedal set to volume at the output. This allows global volume control, typically between a working level and zero, so I can regulate my overall volume on the fly.

For rhythm/lead level adjustments, I set this up in performance mode on specific rigs when required, either as a level morph on the current slot or a separate performance slot set up with delay, harmonizer, etc. as the lead passage needs.

Hope this helps.

I have two FX assigned to switch III so I can toggle between them.

If I tap the switch, the toggle works most of the time but occasionally it fails to change.

If I hold the switch down a bit to ensure the toggle happens, when I release it the FX toggles back. 🙁

Is it possible to turn off the long press function per rig or globally?

I’ve been using a Shure GLXD4 wireless system for some years, gigging with a couple of Strats fitted with EMG SA active pickups, and an SG.

This system works perfectly with everything, including my Kemper Stage.

It also works perfectly with a couple of acoustics, one with a Lloyd Baggs pickup, the other with a Headway pickup, both under saddle powered piezo type.

Some of the guys in the bands I play with have tried using various different cheaper wireless options, but experienced problems with drop-outs and noise pickup, plus battery life issues.
    Some products just refuse to work with active pickups.

I’ve had absolutely none of this with the Shure system.
    The rechargeable battery from the body pack fits into the receiver for charging and it lasts for 16 hours. There is a current charge display on the receiver so you always know where you are working.

I’m dreading it breaking down, I don’t know what I could replace it with that comes close. 😐

This may be a mechanical issue. I’m not familiar with the internals of the Mission EP1 but a lot of Wah and Volume pedals have a rack/pinion gear or belt drive mechanism to the control pot. I’ve had similar pedal situations where the pot doesn’t travel all the way to the end as it should.

A possible fix is to open the pedal and loosen the drive mechanism until you can rotate the control pot by hand to the desired position, then retighten the mechanism adjusting it to the desired operating “feel”.

Hope this helps!

Hi Burkhard, I'm using "off" and "at heel" to mean the same thing - no volume - no sound. Sorry for any confusion.

You may have nailed it.

I always have the WAH function on a stomp switch and set to "bypass on stop", so the pedal is basically always a volume pedal until it is told to be something else. I never have a slot with WAH enabled on selection.

When WAH is activated the current volume is maintained of course, when deactivated, the current volume is also maintained (the pedal will be positioned wherever it stops being used), so the volume doesn't usually need to be altered further. I tend to rock the pedal down to heel between songs - e.g. "off" with respect to volume.

I haven't noticed any other issues doing this, it seems to work really well.

I have considered using a second pedal for dedicated volume but this will mean a pedalboard upgrade for a wider model. ?(

Thanks for the explanation on WahPedal>Volume behaviour, it does sound like that is probably the issue.

On another note:

I did take a RM backup but I can't find how to submit it to Support. The Contact web page doesn't appear to have any upload method.

What is the usual procedure here? Thanks.

ST, thanks for the advice. I checked all the slots and they all have the Volume set to "location - output" and range "-5".

I tried it with the volume lock both on and off, nothing changed unfortunately. :(

I use it as a final output level and tend to turn the volume down to "off" between songs.

Burkhard, it's a Dunlop volume X expression pedal set Wah>Volume but I also tried it as a dedicated Volume pedal in socket 1 but it's the same result. This not really a performance issue as the volume pedal is always ON somewhere when playing.

I discovered this by accident in rehearsal. I had the volume turned off (at heel) and I was reviewing the stomp switch assignments, so I was selecting each performance slot 1-5 in turn and looking at the screen info. When I selected slot 2, I heard some string noise from the guitar I was holding and realised that that slot was still passing some signal .

Further investigation showed I had a few slots in different performances, that did the same thing.

What I also found is that once a slot triggers the issue, all the other slots in that performance then pass low signal as well. It's as if slot 2 is tweaking the general level up a few dB even though the pedal is physically at heel.

I'll look into doing a backup as you suggest and raise a ticket.

UPDATE:

Hmm... I found that the fix I thought I had doesn't work in every case. Some slots refuse to play nice.

Updated to OS 8.7.20 today. Still the same unfortunately.

Well this is only a very minor issue, but OFF should mean OFF everywhere as far as volume is concerned when changing slots.

I have the volume pedal position set to OUTPUT on all rigs.

Hi all, I have a Kemper Stage. I'm finding a strange issue with a volume pedal when changing some performance slots.

For example, with the pedal set to OFF and no sound on the current slot, when selecting other slots without touching the volume pedal, a low level signal is quite audible. Rocking the pedal up and back kills it. The signal level you hear is roughly what you get when lifting the heel about a half inch.

The odd thing is it's the same slots every time within a performance. For example, I have a performance with 5 rig slots and it's only after I choose slot 2 that this occurs. I can select and move between slots 1,3,4 and 5 freely and it does not happen. OFF is Off as you would expect.

I noticed that SELECTING slot 2 doesn't actually cause it, it's moving AWAY from slot 2 to any other. Once the signal is audible it's there on all 5 slots when you switch around within the performance.

I'm using OS v8.7.17and a Dunlop volume X pedal.

Before posting, I did some further tests. I found that copying the whole performance to an unused position does NOT clear the issue. However, copying a default Crunch slot into problem slot 2 clears the issue and the volume pedal works as expected. I then copied each module from the "problem slot" across into the new default slot and cloned the rig manually. The problem says fixed.

Any ideas what might cause this? It's going be a pain to manually tweak all the various slots that show this volume issue.

There’s OnSong too. I used it for some years but moved over to Songbook Pro when OnSong changed from one-time purchase to a subscription model, something like $50 per annum and it’s still buggy!

Songbook Pro and Stage Traxx 3 are one-time purchase! 👍

This sounds cool. Can you provide more detail on what bluetooth device you bought and what iPad setlist manager you're using? Thanks!

I'm using a Yamaha MD-BT01 Bluetooth Midi adapter that's powered directly from the Midi sockets. The setlist manager is called SongBook Pro.

* One thing to note, the iPad doesn't always find the adapter on a device scan. I use a free midi app called "Midi Wrench" which finds the device and connects it up. After that, it appears in the iPad bluetooth device list.

Just bear in mind that if you allow the iPad to sleep etc., you may have to re-trigger the bluetooth connection via the Wrench app. Other than that, it works well for me.

Welcome!

Had a gig last week and was going FOH as well. Used the Kabinet for a little backline, and it was glorious, and easy!

Hi, I've scoured the internet and this forum for advice on the choice of stage monitor. It seems there are many opinions on FRFR solutions.

Surprisingly I'm using a Roland Cube 80XL (which I already had) set flat and it just sounds brilliant with a little bit of treble cut in the monitor EQ. It is LOUD too.

Done two gigs so far and mega pleased with results. :)