I just had to tell someone...

• After hearing some great sounding live music at several concerts, I discovered that a lot of the musicians were using Kemper, so I decided to buy a Kemper Stage.

I then made the cardinal sin of plugging it into a guitar amp to see what it did and was horribly disappointed with the sounds. :(

So, after reading the manual (many times) and spending time on this forum picking up advice, I realised my mistake and set up my band PA system and plugged the Kemper into that, what a revelation! This is what the audience will hear!

After spending time learning the hardware, rig manager and tinkering around with profiles, the Kemper just sounds awesome at any volume. :)

I currently play in a couple of cover bands and try to sound as authentic as possible with the variety of guitar tones needed, the Kemper just makes this so easy.

I gig with a couple of Strats fitted with EMG SA active pickups plus the SPC midrange boost mod control and can pretty much sound like anybody now!

Thanks Christian for a wonderful product! Goodbye heavy amps.

* PS I also bought a Bluetooth Midi adapter and hooked up my iPad setlist manager to send Midi commands on song selection which triggers the correct Kemper Performance slot for each song, so no more dancing on the bank switches between songs! :)

• Welcome!

Had a gig last week and was going FOH as well. Used the Kabinet for a little backline, and it was glorious, and easy!

Hi, I've scoured the internet and this forum for advice on the choice of stage monitor. It seems there are many opinions on FRFR solutions.

Surprisingly I'm using a Roland Cube 80XL (which I already had) set flat and it just sounds brilliant with a little bit of treble cut in the monitor EQ. It is LOUD too.

Done two gigs so far and mega pleased with results. :)

• Hi, I've scoured the internet and this forum for advice on the choice of stage monitor. It seems there are many opinions on FRFR solutions.

Surprisingly I'm using a Roland Cube 80XL (which I already had) set flat and it just sounds brilliant with a little bit of treble cut in the monitor EQ. It is LOUD too.

Done two gigs so far and mega pleased with results. :)

Yeah, there are a ton of options for monitor for sure.

I've used a Yamaha DXR10, MBritt/XiTone powered cab, and Bose L1.

They all sound awesome, but the Kabinet is nice and light and can fill a small room by itself when needed.

Glad you have something that works so nicely!

• * PS I also bought a Bluetooth Midi adapter and hooked up my iPad setlist manager to send Midi commands on song selection which triggers the correct Kemper Performance slot for each song, so no more dancing on the bank switches between songs! :)

This sounds cool. Can you provide more detail on what bluetooth device you bought and what iPad setlist manager you're using? Thanks!

• This sounds cool. Can you provide more detail on what bluetooth device you bought and what iPad setlist manager you're using? Thanks!

I'm using a Yamaha MD-BT01 Bluetooth Midi adapter that's powered directly from the Midi sockets. The setlist manager is called SongBook Pro.

* One thing to note, the iPad doesn't always find the adapter on a device scan. I use a free midi app called "Midi Wrench" which finds the device and connects it up. After that, it appears in the iPad bluetooth device list.

Just bear in mind that if you allow the iPad to sleep etc., you may have to re-trigger the bluetooth connection via the Wrench app. Other than that, it works well for me.

• There’s OnSong too. I used it for some years but moved over to Songbook Pro when OnSong changed from one-time purchase to a subscription model, something like $50 per annum and it’s still buggy!

Songbook Pro and Stage Traxx 3 are one-time purchase! 👍