Rig Exchange - Better Search Engine

• actually, if you type in a search term, the results are displayed with the highest ratings on top.

I dont think this is quite correct. I did a search simply for "Rectifier" with all the filter check boxes enabled. As you can see from my screenshot it does not seem to be sorted correctly by ratings. In this example it has gone in star ratings from top to bottom:
    11 - 9 - 6 - 3 - 5 - 5 - 5 - 7 - 8 - 4 - etc etc....

Is this an issue with your search forum, or something else I'm missing? :)

(Relatively poor image quality, because I had to re-save it as a poor quality JPEG to keep within the restricted attachment limit of 80kb)

• I dont think this is quite correct. I did a search simply for "Rectifier" with all the filter check boxes enabled. As you can see from my screenshot it does not seem to be sorted correctly by ratings. In this example it has gone in star ratings from top to bottom:
    11 - 9 - 6 - 3 - 5 - 5 - 5 - 7 - 8 - 4 - etc etc....

Is this an issue with your search forum, or something else I'm missing? :)

(Relatively poor image quality, because I had to re-save it as a poor quality JPEG to keep within the restricted attachment limit of 80kb)

like I said it sorts by rating. you are looking at number of votes. ;)

• like I said it sorts by rating. you are looking at number of votes. ;)

Ok I have something wrong in my head at the moment! :)

What is the difference between rating (the stars, yeah?) and number of votes?
    Are the star ratings not set by user votes?

AAaahhhhhh. I think penny just dropped as I type this!

Say each star = 1 point (so 5 star rating = 5 points)

Profile A gets 3 votes of 5 stars each (15 points)
    Profile B get 10 votes of 1 star each (10 points)

A is rated higher than B on output due to points score, but B has more votes.

Ok cool.

But could a search by ratings be included also, as I like to discover new amp profiles and new sounds and it would be an easier way to find the better profiles instead of needing to know off hand "oh, I need a profile that sounds like a XYZ amplifier".

Cheers! :)

• Profile A gets 3 votes of 5 stars each (15 points)
    Profile B get 10 votes of 1 star each (10 points)

No, the points are not added but rather their average is taken! Adding wouldn't make much sense!
    So in your example profile A would have a 5 star average whereas profile B would have just a one star average.

Cheers,
    Markus