Extra Power cord

• I have the original power cord, I believer they're called IECs that came with myvStage. I have a number of basic IEC cords like around, that lots of devices use and I'm sure they would work.

However, the kemper one has a bulge near the top that perhaps covers some circuitry? Like some sort of protection or something? I kind of want leave one cord under my desk and keep one in my go-bag, but wanted to make sure there was no need to purchase a special cord. But, if there's some benefit or protection, I have no problem buying another.

I saw some threads about there being no need to buy a fancy cord to improve things, didn't see anything about whether it's advisable to use the one that came with the KPA.

• Sounds like a ferrite bead/core/choke. Sometimes they're molded in, others they can be removed.

It's a piece of ceramic (ferrite) surrounding the wire. No electronics and no risk if you use a cable without one. It's there to suppress high frequency electronic noise.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Sounds like a ferrite bead/core/choke. Sometimes they're molded in, others they can be removed.

It's a piece of ceramic (ferrite) surrounding the wire. No electronics and no risk if you use a cable without one. It's there to suppress high frequency electronic noise.

Good to know thanks! I think I'll place the simple cord without it under my desk and see how it goes, as I don't need a longer one there anyway.