Rig manager FX settings (presets)

• I had been in contact with the OP before and he was not aware of the context menu. He was not expressing to search for something "more effective" as you speculate. He just searched for those factory effect presets. At least that is what he articulated.

As these effect presets are persistent like effect types and categories, that is the place where they belong. Such menues are an extremely comon practice in any software. And the message is clear: "These menu options are part of the software". In opposition, the line items in the upper list are user owned. Even if the PROFILER comes with factory content, these line items can be deleted and others can be created. The user cannot delete persistent factory effect presets.

You are free to load factory effect presets and store your own. These will then appear in the upper list, but will not be maintained by the OS.

• There is a thread somewhere else in the forum where Burkhard or Kemper Support #1 explain how to get them into RM now but I can't remember what the thread was called. Try searching the forum.

Hi Wheresthedug ,

I didn't know about this possibility of having all the effects presets grouped together in a folder either. Watching your above YT video it's great how all the presets are organised, but you really don't remember how you managed to group them all together? I looked, but did not find the post on the forum. Even here at my end, the "All presets" or "Local Library" folders contain a very small number of presets. Damn, you have them all!

Please if anyone knows how to do this, please share. Thank you very much!

• Please if anyone knows how to do this, please share. Thank you very much!

Make a USB back up of your profiler. Connect the USB drive to your computer, and open the back up in rig manager.

You will be able to see the contents of the Backup’s presets folder. Make a new Local Library/Presets folder. Copy the contents of the Backup Presets folder into the new local library presets folder.

• Hi Wheresthedug ,

I didn't know about this possibility of having all the effects presets grouped together in a folder either. Watching your above YT video it's great how all the presets are organised, but you really don't remember how you managed to group them all together? I looked, but did not find the post on the forum. Even here at my end, the "All presets" or "Local Library" folders contain a very small number of presets. Damn, you have them all!

Please if anyone knows how to do this, please share. Thank you very much!

Don't get confused by that other approach people are throwing in!

Right now You have all factory effect presets in your PROFILER as well as in Rig Manager complete and current, too.

Open the effect menu in Rig Manager as shown here:

All factory effect presets are there in the last column. And the origanization is as clear and as logical as it could be: just effect presets, organized by category and type, and completely aligned with the hardware.

• I had been in contact with the OP before and he was not aware of the context menu. He was not expressing to search for something "more effective" as you speculate. He just searched for those factory effect presets. At least that is what he articulated.

As these effect presets are persistent like effect types and categories, that is the place where they belong. Such menues are an extremely comon practice in any software. And the message is clear: "These menu options are part of the software". In opposition, the line items in the upper list are user owned. Even if the PROFILER comes with factory content, these line items can be deleted and others can be created. The user cannot delete persistent factory effect presets.

You are free to load factory effect presets and store your own. These will then appear in the upper list, but will not be maintained by the OS.

Sorry Burkhard I didn’t mean to speculate but having reread the OP’s post again I still think the issue is the number of mouse clicks required to load and audition presets.

Hi. Sorry if this has been requested before. When editing in Rig Manager (which I use all the time) if, for example I want to load a distortion effect I have to scroll through every type of distortion type, then load a preset. If I’m auditioning a preset but then want to choose another preset, I have to go through the entire process again (which I suppose is ok - a bit time wasteful though) however, is there anyway Kemper could implement a means of indicating which preset I have already loaded - perhaps with a tick or something. If I’m looking at a list of 30 presets I find it difficult to remember which preset I’ve already loaded. How about a right click function on the Icon of the FX block itself to take me to the preset list. I know people will no doubt say it’s only a few clicks but it’s the same repeated clicks EVERY time I want to load a new preset. This gets really cumbersome if my rig has wah, chorus, booster, eq, reverb etc. Be gentle. Cheers. Jon.

It is generally much more efficient to be able to do things directly from a keyboard without the need to reach for a mouse. Using the library window is a much much more efficient workflow than wading through three levels of context menu. This is clear from my video earlier in the thread.

I fully appreciate the benefits of having the presets hard coded and constantly updated. I wouldn’t want to lose this benefit but I still need a means of having access to them without annoying context menus. As the presets are hard coded to allow the context menus to function surely it should be eay to make them visible in the library too. I thought the Rig Packs were also hard coded now but these are all visible in the library window. It would be greatly appreciated if the presets could also be visible (in addition to context menus for people who like less efficient workflows 😉).

While Context Menus are used in many applications that doesn’t mean they are a good idea. The ideal solution would actually be for RM to allow user configurable short cut keys like DAWs and some plugins do but that is another discussion entirely. in the meantime please please please reconsider the logic of ONLY allowing factory presets to be accessed via cumbersome context menus. In the meantime I will continue to use copies in the library folder and risk. The risk of missing out on any new profiles is a risk worth taking for me to benefit from a much more efficient workflow.

• With your Video you,Wheresthedug , showed one more way of what the Kemper is able to do if you use its potential.This elegant and quick way of tailoring a desired sound has been a dream for me to come true.So again, thank you.

To me remaining questions are:

1.how to get all FX presets into LOCAL LIBRARY and use them in the way shown in the video

2.How do you manage to keep a steady Guitar-signal-riff playing, and at the same time seamlessly scroll through the FX-list instantly hearing the changes.

• 2.How do you manage to keep a steady Guitar-signal-riff playing, and at the same time seamlessly scroll through the FX-list instantly hearing the changes.

as Paul said. Just record a little loop in the Kemper Looper . Make sure the Looper position is Pre so that changed to settings affect the sound of the loop.