4x12 kones in marshall 1960a

• Hi all, let me preface this by saying I'm completely clueless when it comes to this kind of thing.

Got myself 4 kones I'd like to put in my marshall 4x12 and run as mono. My only real issue being the cab has 2 posi and 2 negative points on the jack plate switcher thing, whereas in the manual diagram it only shows the kone configuration going into 1 of each.

Also, when wired up correctly, would I need to plug into the 4ohm or the 16ohm jack?

I have the powered toaster btw.

Any help greatly and humbly appreciated

https://photos.app.goo.gl/mzSdcsnE1deR8s3e7

:EDIT:

Do I just need to connect them to the 4ohm jack? And leave the 16ohm side unconnected?

• The single original chassis in that Marshall cabinet should have 16 ohms. The wiring to the socket for 16 ohms mono in your cabinet should be exactly the wiring shown on the graphics above. So if you use the same wiring for four 4 ohms KEMPER Kones it will add up to 4 ohms overall.

I suggest to disable the other sockets and settings as you would end up at lower ohms, which would damage the internal power amp.

• Thanks for helping me out earlier via email Burkhard👍

Incase anyone else stumbles across this, I wired the kones in the exact same configuration as the previous 16ohm G12s that came with the marshall cab.

After testing each jack with a multimeter I can confirm the 4ohm jack now runs at 1ohm, and the 16ohm jack now runs at 4 ohms, as we speculated in our earlier conversation.

I tried to wire it as per the kemper diagram, but you have to have wires going to both the jacks, otherwise I guess it doesn't complete the circuit or something. Wasn't getting a reading when only one jack was connected.

So I've taped up the 4ohm jack, and all running smoothly now through the 16 (which is now 4😂)

• How does it sound? I was thinking of buying 2 or 4 of the Kemper Kones myself and putting them in a cabinet. Curious your overall thoughts on the sound.