Posts by eapj77

If its looks you want.....get a 412 and load it with one speaker. Unless you're in a giant room....that'll move *plenty* of air.

Four is just.....overkill for what amounts to zero gain.

Agreed - my thought is to get 1 or 2 speakers, put it in a 4x12 ( for cosmetic looks only )

Wish I could find the Kemper Speakers either used or online with a sale or something, not exactly the cheapest speakers and can't seem to find them anywhere other than ordering them direct through Kemper.

Thanks to everyone for their input...I've been doing a lot of research on trying to figure out what FRFR setup works for me playing at home.

At this point, I'm thinking of buying 2 or 4 of the Kemper Kones and just putting them into a 2x12 cabinet or 4x12 cabinet depending upon how many speakers I buy and just going this route. For less than $500 I can buy 2 kemper kones, an empty or old 4x12 and just install the speakers and go....

I like the look of the real guitar cabs for cosmetic purposes so putting these speakers in a 4x12 cab IMO would look and suit me the best.

How does it sound? I was thinking of buying 2 or 4 of the Kemper Kones myself and putting them in a cabinet. Curious your overall thoughts on the sound.

Have a powered Kemper profiler that I am using at home only, no live gigs or playing out. Been using it for the past year or so through a real 4x12 cabinet. Sounds ok but I would also like to have the option for the studio profiles so I thought about also getting 2 x FRFR speakers as well. I tried out the Kemper Kabs recently and while they were ok, I wasn't blown away and they aren't exactly cheap.

Does anyone have any good recommendations on 2 decent FRFR speakers I should try out to use at home with the Kemper? I mostly play Metal and hard rock stuff if that makes a difference. Someone local to me is selling 2 x Kemper Kabs and I might be able to get both for $600 or so. Is that my best option is for that price range, is there something else I should consider?

Thanks for any help or input.

Hey dude - I sent you an email at [email protected] and it bounced back. I wanted to ask you about the 4x12 issues you were having as I am having the same problems. Since I couldn't reach you at your email address, the only way I figured I might be able to find you was to revisit an old post. If you happen to see it, shoot me a message.

What do I search on the Rig Exchange to my this specific 5150 profile?

You can do a "init globals" to set back to factory settings in case you set something wrong and forgot what is was. Honestly, metal tones sound pretty nasty alone no matter the amp or cab. In the mix, they come out much better (at least to some listeners).

Also look into the Pure Cabinet setting at around 2.5 when using studio/merged profiles.

Tried this already, thanks for the info though. I

am using a Marshall 1960 cab with G12-75 speakers in it which are a bit bright anyway. I am getting another EVH 4x12 this weekend that has the Heritage speakers in it which are definitely darker. Maybe that will help?

As a matter of interest, are you running the Kemper with cab on or off?

Over the years I've had varying results depending on the physical cabinet used. I found that some cabinets work better than others. Some I used with the cab on and others with cab off.

I'm sure youve tried this stuff already though.

Cab sim is off in the global settings since I am using a real 4x12. I did for the heck of it though, try to hear what these profiles sounded like with the cab sim on and it was way worse.

Bought a powered Kemper head about a year ago, using it through my Marshall 1960 4x12 and just can't get this to sound good. I am playing mostly Metal ( 5150 III, Mesa Dual rec profiles, etc ) Have tried hundred of different profiles all from Merged to DI through the rig manager, messed with the Main Output settings, made sure Kemper Kone was off, made sure Monitor Cab is off, tweaked EQ settings in the profiles themselves, etc. Everything sounds bright, somewhat fizzy and just doesn't have the sound of a real tube head into a 4x12. I know the speakers on the 1960 cab are a bit bright ( G-12-75) but something seems off. I read on a Kemper forum where another use was having similar issues and after going back and forth with Tech Support and trying to tweak things, he sent it back and got a replacement and said problem solved. Turned out to be a funky unit. I don't have that luxury since I bought mine used about a year ago.

If anyone has any other ideas or suggestions, I'd really appreciate it. If anyone is in the Philly / South Jersey area as well that could help me in person or let me try their powered to head to see if I got a lemon or not, would be great. Thanks for reading!

Hi all - brand new kemper use here. Bought the powered profiler a few weeks ago and am playing it through an EVH 5150 III 4x12 cabinet. Been scouring the rig exchange and online looking for some good profiles that sound similar to Motely Crue ( Dr Feelgood, Kickstart my heart, etc ) Ozzy / Jake e Lee era, Van Halen, etc.

Most of the ones I can find on the rig exchange aren't sounding very good and I don't see any Motely Crue ones on there. Are there any good free options out there? I'm just learning how to use this Kemper and at some point maybe I'll buy more profiles but for now I would just like to work with any free resources out there.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!