New Neo Kone Arrival, trying a Kone again.

• Others here can give much better advice than I can when it comes to pa speakers as a monitoring option but if you like the QSC K series I think the K8 would be worth looking into if you could audition them at a local store. They are less money, lighter in weight by 5lbs and a smaller footprint if you are playing in tighter quarters but have the widest dispersion pattern of the k series. I have a friend who's band no longer use a back line and have went direct with their bass and guitar, they and are running their signals through stage monitors with good results. Again, others who use stage monitors can give better advice than me, but I would think it advantageous to place the monitor in front of you.

As for me, the Eminence EM12 is working out very well since I found a different approach in how I set the monitor out eq. I haven't had the opportunity to play my guitar for over three weeks, so before I replied to your post I sat down and played for about fifteen minutes. Having been away from the Kemper for a while my initial reaction this morning was this, my rig sounds great! But not my playing :D !!

Have been putting the qsc behind me, but putting in front front(like a traditional monitor) is something I'll have to try. Thanks for the suggestion!

I hear you on the "my rig sounds great but not my playing". Way too familiar with that scenario :D :D

• I have a powered rack and rarely play my KPA at home, its all live.

If you go FRFR then Yamaha DXR's are great BUT I came away from FRFR in favour of the Kabinet. I have been using one live now since they were released and its going to take some beating. It hits that balance (for me) between ...and its sooooo light!

If you can, try to borrow one to try it as its not for everyone and if you like it you can of course get the powered version

I'll ask around and see if anyone has a powerkab I can try out. I'm not opposed to getting one, but don't want to purchase one and have to turn around and sell it if it doesn't work out. Thanks!

• I'll ask around and see if anyone has a powerkab I can try out. I'm not opposed to getting one, but don't want to purchase one and have to turn around and sell it if it doesn't work out. Thanks!

Totally agree and totally recommend trying first.

My only suggestion is the unpowered will be the same, so if you can't find a powered version, if you try one with a SS amp then you will be very close as well...I assume you are not in the UK else I'd be happy for you to try mine etc...