What Monitor output level is the sweet spot for PWRD FRFR? (Gemini 1)

• So,

Haven't used the Kemper in a long while - plugged into my Gemini 1x12 powered FRFR and my old settings seemed to be clipping the input of the speaker.

Is there a rule of thumb for the sweet spot for monitor line out with current OS to a powered cab?

I know I can noodle with it but thought I would ask.

Powered Rack / Windows 10

• Try -12db to -18db. This is the same as you would set for outputs in the studio to DAW. Some people like it a little hotter than that. But clipping means you are too hot.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Actually there's no rule of thumb, because usually inputs of active amps have got a Gain (or Sensitivity) pot that will actually change the input signal.

Has your cab got one?

Still chasing a worthy one :/

• So,

Haven't used the Kemper in a long while - plugged into my Gemini 1x12 powered FRFR and my old settings seemed to be clipping the input of the speaker.

Is there a rule of thumb for the sweet spot for monitor line out with current OS to a powered cab?

I know I can noodle with it but thought I would ask.

All good answers above.

How could your old setup, that used to work, not work now? That is a different question than the one you asked. I would be more curious about that.

There are too many potential variables regarding gain staging to provide a single answer so noodle with it. IMO, just turn some knobs until it sounds good and get on with it. :)

• So..

It seems with an OS prior to 3.0 the gain output from the monitor section was lower in volume than OS 8XX

I have been using it in studio for a looooong time.

That said -4 was not clipping the monitor out/powered cab input with an early OS, and now (the common sense) -12 works properly.

Methinks the software may or may not have had a hand in all of this....

SO the answer is -12 for a powered cab for a clean non distorted IE clipped sound.

I see I did not get any wizard and witchcraft responses about -DB theories... all good!

-12 at the gig went well, thanks!

sheesh that -4 was NOT good.

Powered Rack / Windows 10