Howdy :)

• Hey guys!
    Currently awaiting the delivery of my KPA (tomorrow hopefully) and I've got to say I can't remember the last time I was this excited about a piece of gear!! I'd never even heard of one until a couple of weeks ago as I'd been keeping an eye on a few Axe FXs on ebay and stumbled across a listing for one. Watched a ton of youtube vids, read magazine articles and frankly couldn't believe what I was seeing. I was really impressed by the Axe FX but it always seemed like a lot of money (particularly here in the UK) and to be honest everything I'd heard was that kind of "pre recorded" guitar tone if you like.. i.e. a very good tone off a CD. Now I'm not saying the Axe isn't worth the money but to me the tones weren't significantly better than the results I was getting with my gear (Digitech GSP1101 with custom firmware and cab impulses). Now I'm not saying my tones are as good as the Axe, just that I didn't think the Axe was £2000 better sounding! In a nutshell what I'm saying is that I was pretty happy with the results I was getting, but the thing I was missing was that feel and inspiration you get from playing a real amp. So along comes the Kemper, a clever device that can clone any amp you want, and give you it's full tilt tone and feel through headphones, direct to desk or monitors and at a volume not to annoy the missus... and all at the price of a second hand Axe FX... too good to be true surely? To be honest I thought so until I watched the in depth review from the guys at Andertons (from whom I've purchased mine by the way) but mostly after watching the Andy Sneap interview. This man is the master of metal tone and like he said, if he can't tell the difference... Anyway I've rambled on enough so again a big "hello" to everyone and I'll see you on the other side :D
    Simon

• Thanks for the welcome guys... AND IT'S ARRIVED. Well actually it arrived two hours ago but this is the first time I've stopped trying out the presets. It's also cost me extra money!!! I've currently got a James Tyler Variax on trial and with my current set up thought that while the "real" magnetic pickups sounded quite nice, the "modelled" guitars sounded a bit fake. However I've just spent the last 20 mins playing with the modelled strat sounds through the various clean patches on the Kemper and I'm sold!!! The Kemper has completely brought it alive. I've recently owned (and regretted selling) a 90s US Strat Plus and it's like I've got it back again... Right I'm off to spank the plank til I go blind :P