Can't get Reamp with S/PDIF to work

• Hey, so I've been at this for days and can't seem to get the S/PDIF reamp to work for me. I have watched every video and read every forum and I'm still stuck, I use an Antelope Audio Discrete 4 Synergy Core interface, with Cubase pro 10.5. I'm running two S/PDIF cables and I have all of my inputs and outputs routed accordingly but nothing happens, my D.I. signal doesn't go through the Kemper at all but i can record D.I. through the Kemper, the only thing I cant do is get the D.I. signal that is already recorded to go through the Kemper for reamping, and i have tried every input and output setting on the Kemper to see if that fixed it and still nothing. I am at my wits end over this

• You have to use the right channel in cubase. Either the right or left one. Depending on your soundcard which number. Check your soundcards manual.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• I dont really know what you mean by that. I am able to record the kemper through the S/PDIF but i am not able to Reamp through the S/PDIF is the issue, ive got it routed the way all the tutorials online say to do but im not getting the D.I, track to run through the kemper no matter how i try routing it

• Right, sorry I'm just a bit brain scrambled. So, I'm trying to take my already previously recorded D.I tracks and reamp them through the Kemper. I have my D.I. guitar track routed to the SPDIF Left output and then I have a separate track for Reamping with the input being SPDIF Right, but then there's no playback sound at all on the track, all the videos I see it shows the D.I. having the profiler tones on them during playback but I'm getting nothing, it's almost as if the D.I. signal isn't even going into the Kemper. Sorry if I'm not describing this correctly, I've searched high and low, and I can't seem to find anyone with a similar problem.

• Have you configured the Kemper as an external outboard effect? I did and it works like a charm - Cubase takes as well care of the latency and automatically adjusts the reamped track once the Kemper is correctly set up for that (remember to switch "Constant Latency" on then). Maybe this here helps:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Here it is about reamping as well... see chapter at around 6:03:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Right, sorry I'm just a bit brain scrambled. So, I'm trying to take my already previously recorded D.I tracks and reamp them through the Kemper. I have my D.I. guitar track routed to the SPDIF Left output and then I have a separate track for Reamping with the input being SPDIF Right, but then there's no playback sound at all on the track, all the videos I see it shows the D.I. having the profiler tones on them during playback but I'm getting nothing, it's almost as if the D.I. signal isn't even going into the Kemper. Sorry if I'm not describing this correctly, I've searched high and low, and I can't seem to find anyone with a similar problem.

And there is actual signal going to the track in Cubase, right? Preferably test by playing the DI track over the monitors, NOT routing to the Kemper. Just to rule stuff out up until that point.

• You need to send the DI track on Cubase to the spdif output, mine is 9 but yours is probably different. Then set the KPA output to spdif reamp (or something like that, it’s been a while). then record the spdif out from the KPA as normal. You can use stereo if you want, just select the appropriate output for spdif in the output settings.

A brace of Suhrs, a Charvel, a toaster, an Apollo twin, a Mac, and a DXR10

Edited once, last by Morph ().

• I tried giving that a go but still nothing, Im able to hear my clean D.I. signal when i arm the track for recording im just not getting the recorded D.I. track to come through the kemper, ive got it set to SPDIF Reamp Output but still no sound

• I tried giving that a go but still nothing, Im able to hear my clean D.I. signal when i arm the track for recording im just not getting the recorded D.I. track to come through the kemper, ive got it set to SPDIF Reamp Output but still no sound

could you take some photos or a video of your settings in cubase and on the KPA?

A brace of Suhrs, a Charvel, a toaster, an Apollo twin, a Mac, and a DXR10

• Heres How i have it routed, my S/PDIF Left is my In/Out 7 and my S/PDIF Right is my In/Out 8 for reference. I've tried a few different output settings on the kemper as well but it didnt seem to change anything