OS9 Beta: since upgrade the overall sound of the rigs has changed (harsh/treble)

• Hi, I didn't know the latest versions was a beta so I installed it.... It doesn't work properly at all so I would like to go back to the latest stable version (8.7 I think), but I'm not finding it. Can anyone be so kind to pass me the link?

Thank you in advance,

Marcos

• I had the same harsh sound with 9 beta when playing through real guitar cab with monitor cab off, and I was already browsing the web for Quad Cortex 8o

This afternoon I updated to 9.0.5 release and harsh issue was still there after the installation/reboot.

For some reason, sound is back to normal tonight, no harsh anymore. Maybe needed to make a real off/on, or I'm tired...

I'll found out tomorrow :)

• OS 8.7.20 is available at the download page at Older Software Versions.

However, we have not initiated any changes between 8.7. and 9.0, which would explain this "harsh sound phenomenon".

Kellerblues and coolfix are confirming the issue to be fixed since 9.0.5. That is equally mysterious since there has been no change between 9.0.3 and 9.0.5 explaining such an immediate effect.

I suggest, you check Pure Cabinet. And if you still think, there are sound differences, reamp with both software versions and then open a support ticket and send us:

1. the DI track

2. processed track with OS 8.7.20

3. PROFILER backup of the recording situation

4. processed track with OS 9.0.5

5. PROFILER backup of the recording situation

The processing should take place with identical Rig and settings - ideally one of our factory Rigs.

• saw this not sure if it's related

EQ spike at 22khz since updating to OS 9.05

Just read through this thread in case it was related - sound-wise, I actually can't hear any didifference since I updated, tho it is really hard to tell without re-amping - I just re-recorded some gtr parts that I had recorded before the update and compared by ear - definitely no major difference, but from one performance to the next, different picking strengths etc, it always sounds a bit different - doesn't help that the Kemper is so realistically responsive ;)

The EQ spike at 22khz itself is inaudible, but the reason I'm looking into it is in case it's indicative of any more substantial change/problem, which I may not have noticed yet.