USB Audio on windows (Spotify weirdness)

• Hi

With both the latest Beta and now the official release I have an odd issue. I am using ASIO4all and everything works fine except that for some reasons Spotify and VLC willn not play any audio when using the kemper as my audio interface. Youtube works fine, I hear all my system sounds etc its just Spotify that seems broken.

Otherwise loving this new update. Keep up the great work.

• I'm having the same issue. I can make it work if I start playing music with another device set as the output device and then change the profiler to the output device but then I only get audio in the left side. Even weirder, spotify web app works fine.

• I did some digging and I think it may be related to the lack of dedicated driver. Looks from what I can find that the windows Spotify app doesn’t support ASIO and as such can’t use the profiler as a sound card. Chrome or firefox or whatever can so this would be why the web works. I hope there are plans to provide a proper driver for windows folks

• I did some digging and I think it may be related to the lack of dedicated driver. Looks from what I can find that the windows Spotify app doesn’t support ASIO and as such can’t use the profiler as a sound card. Chrome or firefox or whatever can so this would be why the web works. I hope there are plans to provide a proper driver for windows folks

huh?

windows Spotify does not support ASIO, and therefore the PROFILER doesn't work at the moment ?? that isn't correct.

• I created a Spotify account myself on my Windows PC just to confirm, that it immediately works with my PROFILER as Youtube does and any other Windows audio does. You just need to set up your PROFILER as your audio output device in Windows. This has nothing to do with ASIO drivers whatsoever. There is nothing we need to do on the KEMPER side. Perhaps you have exhausted the number of devices supported by your Spotify account.

• I created a Spotify account myself on my Windows PC just to confirm, that it immediately works with my PROFILER as Youtube does and any other Windows audio does. You just need to set up your PROFILER as your audio output device in Windows. This has nothing to do with ASIO drivers whatsoever. There is nothing we need to do on the KEMPER side. Perhaps you have exhausted the number of devices supported by your Spotify account.

I feel like it originally worked for me but I changed no settings last night and the spotify app did not work properly(sound only outputing on the left) but it worked fine in the browser. I have had issues since the update though so who knows.

• Not sure which update your are referring to. Before OS 9.0 the PROFILER didn't support USB audio at all..

If PROFILER USB audio works with other audio sources e.g. Youtube, Skype or Windows operating system signals, this cannot be a PROFILER issue.

• Not sure which update your are referring to. Before OS 9.0 the PROFILER didn't support USB audio at all..

If PROFILER USB audio works with other audio sources e.g. Youtube, Skype or Windows operating system signals, this cannot be a PROFILER issue.

Sorry I have had issues unrelated to USB audio since the 9.0 update. It probably is a spotify issue just strange that I only have issues with the app.

• It maybe that the ASIO4all driver is not the issue but for the life of me it will not play despite being set as my default device. The issue I get is what happens when ABleton is running for example (despite the fact I set it to not take exclusive control) and so spotify just tells me it cannot play the file at this time.

Not sure what else could be going, Chrome works fine, bitwig works fine, but spotify is having issues.

I will try on my surface pro and see if there is any difference.

Are you using the app or playing from your browser? For me, playing form the browser is fine it's only the standalone app that has this issue.

• I tried the browser, which proves the PROFILER works as Windows audio device.

If there is trouble with the Spotify app I found hints to disable sound enhancements in that app e.g. Dolby Surround and others.