huge delay between rig manager and kemper via usb (after new update ?)

• Rig manager 3.4.32 , kemper stage 9.05, windows

- While starting up after updating, i got a notification from windows that the USB connection was very unstable. After unplugging, the stage booted to his normal environment.

- To be sure it's not about the port/laptop, i selected another USB port for further testing. Rebooted both kemper and laptop while unplugged.

- When selecting in rig manager All Rigs/My profiles all works perfect and fast.

- When selecting in rig manager any rig under the Rig Packs, it doesn't load, it loaded a rig one time after 2+ minutes.

The kemper is still responsive, but when i try to select any rig via the kemper itself, it's not displaying any rig anymore.

edit : rigs in browser mode on kemper after rebooting are all gone too

• I'm having the exact same problem. I opened a ticket so hopefully we get some help soon!

• Same problem here.

It takes too long for switch modes (Browser/Perform).

I also opened a ticket and reverted to 8.7. It's working fine now.

• Updated to 9.08.

Problem solved if i plug in usb 3 port. Delay of about 10sec between switching rigs. In 8.7 there was no delay, but can't have all in life :)

just for other people's troubleshooting: via USB 2 port the KPA froze.

• Suspect you all may need a new USB cable with a higher data transmission rate

It's not the case for several reasons:

1 - The delay issue only occurs when connected to Rig Manager.

2 - When connected to my Dell laptop using the same cables I tested before, it works perfectly fine.

3 - The problem was introduced with the 9.0 OS update, but downgrading the OS fixes the issue.

4 - I created a VirtualBox running Mac OS (Big Sur) and, to my surprise, experienced seamless switching while connected to Rig Manager through the VirtualBox.

The most significant difference between my laptop and desktop is the processor architecture (Intel vs. AMD).

• Updated to 9.08.

Problem solved if i plug in usb 3 port. Delay of about 10sec between switching rigs. In 8.7 there was no delay, but can't have all in life :)

just for other people's troubleshooting: via USB 2 port the KPA froze.

My problem is literally the opposite! LOL

The USB 3.0 connection freezes the unit, while the USB 2.0 takes 10 seconds.

However, using a USB HUB on any ports prevents the freezing from happening.

• OS 9 introduced USB audio, significantly increasing the data transmission rate. Clearly downgrading reduces it again

3 - The problem was introduced with the 9.0 OS update, but downgrading the OS fixes the issue.

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

• OS 9 introduced USB audio, significantly increasing the data transmission rate. Clearly downgrading reduces it again

2 - When connected to my Dell laptop using the same cables I tested before, it works perfectly fine.

So, clearly it's not the cable.

• Same. Works fine on my laptop with the same cable but trying to do almost anything in RM at my desktop freezes the unit.

Try the beta version that was released today. It's working perfectly fine for me now!