Newbie Blues - Kemper Patch Management

• Can anyone direct me, please, to a resource that would help me understand the basics behind these topics?

1. Patch management. Looking inside the Kemper (toaster unit), there are seemingly HUNDREDS of Patches / Rigs. But there are no patch numbers! If I find one I like, I save it (holding "RIG" for 2 s). But nowhere can I find a way to get back to it again! How does one do this?

2. Patch Recall - again, with no Patch Numbers, I can't find a way to get back to a specific patch, except maybe spending an hour scrolling through the list until I see it again. This assumes, of course, that I didn't save it as a Favorite...

3. Can anyone suggest a GOOD aftermarket pack of CLEAN amps?

4. I just downloaded Rig Manager. Again, it has no Patch Numbers (and yeah, I understand why they wouldn't). Is there a way for me to assign them?

5. Speaking of Rig Manager - there are 21,255 entries as of this morning. But when I click one, nothing happens on the Kemper. Am I missing something? (Doy! The USB Cable is brand new!! :) )

Thanks all for *any* help you can provide! :D

And no, I haven't read the Rig Manager manual yet - too excited / impatient. :thumbup:

Cheers!

• You are free to rename the patches (which are called profiles or rigs) any way you want. Just click on the profile name on the right content window in RM to edit the name.

If you want your profiles to always be in a consistent order then move them into Performance mode.

Many of the clean profiles that are free are superb, IMO, and no need to waste money for paid ones.

Double click the profile in RM and make sure you see a little "headphone" icon in front of it in RM. That will let you know the profile is loaded to be auditioned (played).

Be patient. ;)

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Double click the profile in RM and make sure you see a little "headphone" icon in front of it in RM. That will let you know the profile is loaded to be auditioned (played).

Arrow Keys work great also once you are in the list of rigs. For me it is easier than trying to grab the mouse and click.