Rig Manager Can't Find Profiler

• Thanks for your reply. To be perfectly honest, I'd rather spend my time working on my projects in the studio and live performances rather than to-and-fro. I'll stick with what works for me now and accept the limitations.

• May I ask if this is a new iMac with a USB-C port?
    My experience is that the Kemper Amp has issues with USB 3 and USB-C, specifically when the iMac tries to send the USB port into Sleep Mode.
    I would recommend using a simple USB 2.0 hub in between and disabling the hard drive sleep setting in the Energy Saver section of System Preferences.

I will certainly give that a try!

• May I ask if this is a new iMac with a USB-C port?
    My experience is that the Kemper Amp has issues with USB 3 and USB-C, specifically when the iMac tries to send the USB port into Sleep Mode.
    I would recommend using a simple USB 2.0 hub in between and disabling the hard drive sleep setting in the Energy Saver section of System Preferences.

I don’t think it’s just the Kemper. I have spent several months working with MOTU support because my Ultralite MK5 and new Mac Mini loses audio every few minutes and the only way to reconnect is to restart the interface. We tried everything and nothing would fix it. The only thing that has been working for a few weeks now is actually to place an old USB between the mac and the interface. This is obviously something you would normally want to avoid but with the new Mac it seems necessary for some strange reason.

• i have a new macbook pro M2 since several month with usb-c and never experienced a connection problem.

no hub, direct connection.

Also, as the MOTU is mentioned by Wheresthedug, no problems with SSL12 Audio Interface (no driver needed).

That’s good to know. I have no issues with the MOTU with my old iMac, my iPad Pro or my wife’s Macbook Air. Its just the M1 Mac Mini. The Kemper USB audio works fine with my Mac Mini though. There is clearly something funny going on with USB connections. So many people seem to be having problems with the Kemper USB and RM while many others (including me) have had absolutely no problems with the Kemper USB at all despite having issues with others.