Kemper and CC's

• Hi,

when sending control change 48(value 0) or 49(value 0) the kemper switches rig right or left as expected. In the manual is stated that an icon should be shown for control change messages, but that is not the case?

Further assumed that when setting "ui-to-midi" and "pedal-to-midi" that the kemper reflects changed via midi (so i can be sure the rig has changed and i can request data via sysex). When e.g. switching a rig by hand, no control change is sent(while sysex in and out is working like expected, monitoring on linux with midisnoop).

I am on OS 10 Beta, any ideas?

Thanks

• Official Post

I see a small control knob icon getting displayed on the right side of the screen for a short moment in Browser as well as in Performance Mode, if a control change gets received including CC#48/49.

Combining "UI to MIDI" and "Pedals to MIDI" is not meaningful since "UI to MIDI" includes the pedal controller already.

UI to MIDI doesn't send Rig navigation within Browser Mode. It does in Performance Mode.

If you plan to load Slots and Performances via MIDI I recomend using the absolute method described in the manual which uses bank select LSB plus program change. These statements are always unique. Detauils are in manualc hapter "MIDI". Control changes #50-54 can trigger Morphing if used subsequently and a value > 0 should always be followed a value 0 to logically close the trannsaction. If you jump within your project, this cannot always be ensured.

• Official Post

The method to load Performances and Slots via MIDI CCs had originally been invented for universal MIDI foot controllers with limited memory. It allows for example a FCB1010 with Uno4Kemper chip-tuning to load all 625 Slots in Performance Mode, while the FCB hardware can only memorize 100 presets. Controlling a PROFILER via software bank select LSB plus program change is more straight forward and you don't have such memory limitations.