Midi Channel Info

• The little block on the main display of my Kemper rack has stopped displaying the MIDI info. I plugged a Motu m4 (via midi cable) to it to try to automate changes. I did some button pressing in trying to make things communicate. I believe it is due to this recent activity. I have rebooted and unplugged all midi and USB. I feel like I have set everything back to where it was but may have inadvertently selected something that I don’t remember. Any idea Of what I may have done and how to fix it?

Thanks!

• Maybe you can give some more info, since the Motu is an audio interface with Midi in/out port, but how are you trying to communicate with the Profiler/what was the button pressing you did to try to make it communicate?

• Maybe you can give some more info, since the Motu is an audio interface with Midi in/out port, but how are you trying to communicate with the Profiler/what was the button pressing you did to try to make it communicate?

Thanks for your response aehaem! I changed the MIDI channel and checked and unchecked the UI box. I was able to communicate but to and from the motu and into logic but as I stated, the MIDI info on the mai screen dissapeared,

Thanks

• Sorry, I just have no idea what you are trying to do, or what wois not working/has worked in the past...

I also don´t know Logic or the Motu m4, but I worked with Midi a lot, so I try to descripe what you can do...

First you should set the Motu´s Midi in and out in Logic. Then you should Plug Motu´s Midi In to Profiler´s Midi out and vice versa.

Then you can make Logic to send out Midi Clock. Make sure it sends out to the Motu Port.

Since Midi Clock is Omni, the Profiler should receive it and show a little "C" in the right corner...

On System Settings (in the Profiler) Page 15 (of 18) you can set the Midi Global Channel. On this Channel the Profiler receives all Midi messages and if you check the "UI to Midi" box theProfiler sends CC 47 with value of the given Performance - 1 (since counting in Midi in the profiler goes from 0-127) and the CC of the Slot you have selected (50 - 54) and also SYSEX commands to other performance related settings (this is normaly used to have a second profiler with the same Performances etc. as a backup...)

If you check the "Pedals to Midi" box, the Profiler sends the Midi CC Values of connected Pedals (like Midi CC 7 of a connected Volume Pedal etc)

If you check the "Send Midi Clock" box the Profiler sends the Midi Clock out so if you have set Performance/Rig tempo or you are using TapTempo or Beat Scanner of Profiler.

Then you should make sure, Logic is set to receive Midi Clock (if possible) from the Motu Port...

On System Settings Page 14 you can also set the Profiler to send Midi Program changes with Slot changes on the Midi Out/Thru Hardware Ports. You can ReName each port choose to send Midi out or passwMidi through. Also you can set the channel for each port.

If you are in the Performance Main Menu hit Edit (left soft button) Slot Settings (right Soft Button) and Midi Settings Soft Button (left Button) Then you can dial in a Midi ProgramChange for both pORTS HIT mIDI tRANSMIT AND SAVE THE sETTINGS:

• You have to disconnect the Remote to see the MIDI info.

I am aware of this limitation but it always felt a bit silly to be forced to unplug some hardware to see PC# (it is like "digital meets analog" parody). Is there any chance to make this information visible with remote connected? (maybe by means of new custom "utility" UI layout on remote?)

• I am aware of this limitation but it always felt a bit silly to be forced to unplug some hardware to see PC# (it is like "digital meets analog" parody). Is there any chance to make this information visible with remote connected? (maybe by means of new custom "utility" UI layout on remote?)

I just discovered this! Sorry for my ignorance!!! I do agree with PI though! Thanks!!

There is a Feature Requests sub-forum, if you would like to suggest this as a possible new feature.