Choice Paralysis

• I just bought a Kemper Stage. Have been messing around with it, trying the Rig Packs and some of the exchange. It is absolutely awesome (all I ever owned is a Fender Blues Junior III). Now I want to buy I profile pack. I liked a couple of the free Michael Britt profiles and went to his site, and there are so many ;( I don't know what to choose anymore. Somebody tell me what to buy… What is the most all-around pack? I don't play metal, but other than that I play all kinds of stuff. A soaring marshall lead, a nice fender clean, maybe a nice polytone jazz type of sound... Any help would be appreciated.

(This question was probably asked before but I couldn't find anyone say what the most versatile pack is without naming 100 of them)

• Hi, and welcome :)

Do some search on Rig Exchange before wasting money on RigPacks with 30-ish rigs

and aprox 3 - 4 that are useful :rolleyes:

Just my 2 cents :wacko:

Cheers !

The adjective for metal is metallic. But not so for iron ... which is ironic.

• (This question was probably asked before but I couldn't find anyone say what the most versatile pack is without naming 100 of them)

Thats it.

There are so many good profilers out there. And they wouldn't exist if they not made good profiles.

And there are also so many different ways to connect the kemper ,so many enviroments, that only you can say whats sound best.

Start with the Rig Packs , you do that i guess , go to there web sites .

Most of them got videos and soundsamples in there.

And the last secret, grab the last cash together and buy some packs from different profilers. ;)

As Hoki Toki said,my best jazz sounds came from the rig exchange.

• Yeah ... Just from memory i recall user "Zoltan" on Rig Exchange, he has two :

"Fucxs ODS50 CLN" and "Fucxs ODS50 JAZZ" that is good.

Then there's the "Old Marshall" by someone I dont remember, and of course the classic "Morgan AC20" 8) :thumbup:

Cheers !

The adjective for metal is metallic. But not so for iron ... which is ironic.

• There is lots of awesome rigs that comes stock with the Kemper nowadays. If you just got your Kemper, I'd say explore those rig packs first for a few months and figure out which profiler is up your alley. Then check the Rig Exchange, unless you have very niche needs, you'll find everything you need without having to buy any commercial packs. I get the excitement and desire to splurge more upfront but by doing so you're just likely to end up with a bunch of packs that don't get used.

• Then there's the "Old Marshall" by someone I dont remember

I looked at this post because the title was intriguing- with well over 19k patches in the rig exchange, it’s an embarrassment of riches, something for everyone.

It’s also a bit much to take in, but over time you’ll find stuff you like. You can build up your own collection. If you want to explore more, you can reverse-engineer from patches that appeal to you. The Kemper is a great platform for exploring and finding your unique tones.

It’s funny that Hoki remembers the patch, but not the profiler who made it, come to think of it, maybe that’s just the way it should be….( I had a good chuckle at that )

• dgburns It is a favorite of mine, too :)

To the OP: if I was a new user looking for the sounds you mention, I would probably avoid option paralysis by saving my own edits of Kemper Rig Pack Marshall and Fender Liquid Profiles, using edits of Kemper Factory effects presets. And, there are at least a few Polytone rigs in The Rig Exchange.

Ah yeah that was a different question I had... I tried some liquid profiles but it says I need to update my profiler, but I have the latest update. How come?