Profile "Woke Up in California" by And44

• I found this great :thumbup: profile "Woke Up in California" by And44 on RigExchange built upon the amp "Fan Vibr.Queen" - a Fender Vibrolux King profile, I think.

First of all: It sounds really great, just as I expect what should be a good, clean (Gain at 0) Fender tone when I play it with my Strat. It is made as a really loud profile - Amp Volume is set to 4.6 dB! (Most profiles I have tested from RigExchange a way to weak.)

Well, but then I have some questions. and44 put two Studio EQs before the amp, the second with a volume at 2.8 - I never saw something like this (2 EQs) before. What is the reason? He also put another Studio EQ behind the amp, but disabled. Also, he put a Compressor before the amp with the Volume at 3.5.

To my ears, disabling the EQs before the amp and enabling the EQ behind the amp, makes the sound clearly weaker, not so "full" - why? So I think I will use the EQ before the amp. And it seems I could remove the first of the EQs before the amp and just use the second and let the Compressor active.

Anyone with a good reasoning about And44's effect design? and44, could you explain?

• I think a lot of Andy's profiles, especially the old ones, had a lot of volume tweaks in the chain - most often a studio EQ (or more). Often not doing anything other than raising the volume. I imagine that he may have copied an fx chain from another profile for convenience, and then tweaked from there. I wouldn't read too much into it, go with what sounds good. I guess if the studio EQs are before the compressor you'd need to adjust the compressor also if you turned the EQ off to get the same result.