Kemper profiler with MC6 MIDI controller

• Hey guys! Running into a little problem, just want to know if I’m doing something wrong. I have set up my footswitch A on the Morningstar mc6 controller to toggle between turning on/off module “A” stomp on the kemper. I’m sending a CC message of 17 value 127 to turn on and CC message of 17 value 0 to turn off.

The problem is that it only does one or the other. I can’t seem to get the same footswitch on the mc6 (footswitch A) to turn on the kemper stomp on and off. Any suggestions??

• It’s a while since I did anything with midi as I now have the Remote which is just plug and play. However, from the midi implementation manual it looks like you don’t need two different values for on/off the Stomp blocks toggle state rather than have specific on/ off commands. I could be wrong and hopefully someone with more recent midi experience be able to chime in and help.

• On the MC6, do you have the switch messages set up to toggle? And then one command (msg 1, on or off) on switch state (or pedal position) 1, and the other command (msg 2) on switch state (or pedal position) 2 ?

• Official Post

Hey guys! Running into a little problem, just want to know if I’m doing something wrong. I have set up my footswitch A on the Morningstar mc6 controller to toggle between turning on/off module “A” stomp on the kemper. I’m sending a CC message of 17 value 127 to turn on and CC message of 17 value 0 to turn off.

This is correct. Values > 0 will activate effect module A, and value 0 will deactivate.

The MC6 manual refers to a "Toggle Mode". It appears that is what you need to use on the MC6 side.