Top Jimi "Brown Sound 2.0" Kemper Profiles pack is awsome

• This Top Jimi "Brown Sound 2.0" Kemper Profiles pack is awsome.

To cover EVH's Panama, I use TJ-Brwn '84 1984-2 profile and add a very slight micro pitch shift effect with Kemper's Dual Chromatic Pitch Delay.

I'm really satisfied with the result.

The cover video link

Panama - Van Halen (guitar cover) with Top Jimi "Brown Sound 2.0" Kemper Profiles
    This Top Jimi "Brown Sound 2.0" Kemper Profiles pack is awsome.To cover EVH's Panama, I use TJ-Brwn '84 1984-2 profile and add a very slight micro pitch shif...
    youtu.be

[YOUTUBE]

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/YOUTUBE]

• Yeah that’s the sound alright, great cover :thumbup:

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• awesome. sounds very close. but it does sound like the gain is just a little too low. Doesnt have the full thickness and saturation as the original. Not far off though. jst slightly more gain. Just my opinion.

• awesome. sounds very close. but it does sound like the gain is just a little too low. Doesnt have the full thickness and saturation as the original. Not far off though. jst slightly more gain. Just my opinion.

Higher gain will be easier to play.

However, I feel that the tone in 1984 album does not have much gain and have a great note definition.

Maybe I will try to fine tune the EQ.

Thank you.

• Higher gain will be easier to play.

However, I feel that the tone in 1984 album does not have much gain and have a great note definition.

Maybe I will try to fine tune the EQ.

Thank you.

Those single line phrases on the lower strings in the quieter sections sound just right to me - masses of gain is not what is needed. Maybe he backs off the volume a tad for those phrases and for the arpeggios where all the strings ring out with the mod pedal going.

• Those single line phrases on the lower strings in the quieter sections sound just right to me - masses of gain is not what is needed. Maybe he backs off the volume a tad for those phrases and for the arpeggios where all the strings ring out with the mod pedal going.

I roll down the guitar volume for the quieter sections.

I have just loaded them today. I had the original Top Jimi pack and was curious. I am surprised at how low the gain is on this new pack. It sounds like a nice Marshall sound but on single string riffs like Aint Talking bout Love, Beautiful Girls, it's too low, even on the highest gain rigs in the pack. Even so, some nice tones and very close to the sound of the origial but for the gain.

• I have just loaded them today. I had the original Top Jimi pack and was curious. I am surprised at how low the gain is on this new pack. It sounds like a nice Marshall sound but on single string riffs like Aint Talking bout Love, Beautiful Girls, it's too low, even on the highest gain rigs in the pack. Even so, some nice tones and very close to the sound of the origial but for the gain.

What's pickup you used?

My evh striped series has evh humbucker which is high output pickup.

I guess the brown sound profile is tuned with guitar with high output pickup.

• At the risk of stating the obvious, unless someone has the same pickup, and the same distance from the pickup to the strings, there will be a difference in gain. The pickup can be adjusted, or, much easier, the Gain of the Profile can be adjusted,

Of course, but I have the old Top Jimi profiles and the gain is correct.

I'm using a Thornbucker on a Les Paul. I'm not comparing my sound to EVH, I'm comparing my sound with the old TJ profiles to my sound with the new TJ profiles. The OP's video also sounds like the gain is just a little too low, but well played. The new profiles are also very trebley compared to most other profiles. I suppose what I'm saying is that the new set doesnt seem like an improvement on the old ones.