How to reamp di with usb in studio one 5

• I am working on a tutorial now to post for everyone later. The first question is: are you using a rackmount or toaster, or a stage?

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• The rack and toaster only allows 2 channels for USB ( the Stage has 4 channels). So, the left channel would be your mono guitar and the right is your DI. (Edit: I actually got the Left and Right reversed. Left is DI and Right is Guitar). These are the two tracks you set up in DAW first. Input 1 is DI and Input 2 is Guitar mono. You would set the Rec.Source on Output menu to DI/Master Mono.

Next you can create a third track for your routing. In Reaper I use ReaInsert plugin on that track to setup my Hardware Sends to Output 1 and Output 2. This track receives the DI track and Sends it to the Outputs AND sends it to a fourth track (set with Input 1 also) which is your reamped track.

When you select Reamping in the Output menu, you need to "solo" the DI Track and have the fourth track "armed". When you hit the Play button in DAW, you should hear the reamped sound where you can turn on and off effects, adjust, and even switch to another profile. Then you would just hit the Record button in DAW to record the track.

I plan to include all the screenshots in my tutorial to make things easier to understand.

Edited 2 times, last by BayouTexan ().

• I got the reamping all figured out. It's a bit of a PIA because of the "soloing" and "muting" of tracks when flipping back and forth from reamping to mix playback. I will post a new tutorial tomorrow.

• I wonder on the rack or toaster if you are ever able to listen to the full mix while tweaking the profile used for reamping? Works well on the stage, but that has 4 USB channels which help.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• I have to come clean and say I've never tried re-amping due to the complexity. I understand the benefit, but it's always easier (in my case) to record a new track with a more appropriate profile. I think I get better with each take.

I like to pan 2 identical rhythm takes hard L/R with different profiles and guitars. A standard studio trick I think.

But... I'll give re-amping a go once I digest the info.

• I wonder on the rack or toaster if you are ever able to listen to the full mix while tweaking the profile used for reamping? Works well on the stage, but that has 4 USB channels which help.

I believe so. But I was only running a click track to make the tutorial easier.

• Thanks so much Bayou Texan, for your help with this! I was just wondering if your tutorial could be applied to a Mac using Logic Pro X?

I believe the track routings will be the same. Only the driver and Input/Output names will be different.

• Please tell us when you are ready to give us the info..

I already posted it.

• Is it possible to listen to the other tracks in a project (Drums, bass, keys etc.) while auditioning different amps so that you can hear it in context?

This is the next thing I am working on to solve. Currently, Kemper gives some weird feedback loop when trying to listen to the other tracks at the same time. Total PIA. I'm going to try some routing options in DAW and will post an Update in my tutorial.