Request for ‘Hold Bank Footswitch’ for 2-5 seconds before switching

• I use a Kemper Stage and have had an issue live where I inadvertently switch to a different bank without realizing it. It’s very hard to be trying to sing and also trying to get back to where you should be on the unit.

I would like to propose that a feature be added so that there is a ‘bank delay’ where the bank footswitches don’t switch banks for a period of 2-5 seconds when the Footswitch is held. This length could be determined in a menu setting depending on the users needs.

This would eliminate the need to physically restrain these footswitches with a cable tie (et al) like some users have done while still retaining the complete functionality of the bank switches. I’m aware that you can select a new to bank to be ‘pending’ but that doesn’t fix the issue for me. I don’t want to be going to a different bank unless absolutely intentional. Having to hold a bank button for a few seconds in between a song would not be an inconvenience.

Thanks!

• I like your thinking. A fixed delay of a few seconds would drive me mad but a short delay with the ability to configure the length from 0 to X seconds would be fantastic.

I don’t sing so can focus on making sure I don’t hit the wrong button when changing rigs. In this case I find the Pending option perfectly adequate as I can change back before loading a new rig. However, if I was singing and trying to change rigs without the ability to see the screen and with so much to concentrate on I can see how thing’s could get very messy, very quickly. Your solution would definitely solve the problem.

Sounds like a great feature with no downside (as long as the hold time is user configurable). Other buttons already sense press and hold so I can’t imagine there is anything that would make it difficult to implement 👍

• Thank you. Yeah, as long as the length of delay is user configurable I think this would be a great feature. For live use it would remove the concern that you’re going to accidentally end up in a different bank unintentionally. With singing and playing guitar at the same time it’s hard for me to always accurately step in the exact spot. I find myself getting into other banks time and time again.

What’s great is this would still retain the functionality of the bank switches. It just would stop them switching inadvertently. I hate the idea of having to use a cable tie and rendering them useless.