Noise problems - Solved -

• Hi,
    I am ready to record a record with my KPA but I can't start due to massive noise problems. Here is my setup:

guitar (single coil) > KPA input > main outs > Line 6 UX-2 line inputs > USB > Notebook > UX-2 analg outs > active monitors

The noise is getting louder when I touch the pol pieces of the pickup. It gets lower when touching the strings tight. But it is still there.

Any suggestion what I can do? Thanks for your help.

Oh - I forgot to say. I am located in Thailand. (Belkin Power Surge Protector in use)

Edited once, last by Bluesman ().

• Unplug everything - then plug only the guitar and a headphone into the kemper - switch off all stuff in the same room (lamps, computer, mixer, active speaker ...)

In case the noise is still there - try another guitar.
    In case the noise is gone - switch on all the oher stuff until you find the problem

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• Have you tried with the ground lifts on the back?

Edit: what kind of noise?

Ground lift doesn't help.

The noise is typical single coil humming, but more than it should be. In germany I don't have this problem. So far I learned that too many grounds can cause a problem like this. Now I have to find out if I have grounded outlets att all. I will buy a ground fault tester and check all the outlets. That's an investion I should do anyway, because it can save my life here in Thailand. Than I will try to disconnect everything and try only the KPA with headphones. My guitar is grounded, the cables are good. Hopefully I can get rid of the noise.

• Switch off halogen and neon lights first, lcd screens and move away from your PC. Use a long cable (or a wireless) and try moving around to look if something changes.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• unplug the power adapter from your notebook (run it from the battery) and see if this stops the noise.
    it often does.

+1! When I unplug aftermarket power adapter for my Sony VAIO (original SONY also has noise but less), much noise is gone in one moment!

• Problem solved!
    I used the original german power cords. Despite they fit in the thai plugs, they are not grounded then. I should have seen this in the first place. My fault. Who cares? It wooooorks and I can start to record now. Me and the other guitar player will use the KPA for this recording. I let you know when the record is finished.

Thanks so far for your help.