How do Beta high/low pass filters in cabinet block affect Kone on monitor out?

• I could stick a tweater into my earhole and get a horrible result, but that would be stupid. I am speaking about a normal listening position which may be hard to define and would merit discussion, but what happens at the micro level is not what I would call normal.

The variation in tone from the dust cover to the edge of the cone of a guitar speaker is immense. Which is why guitar micing techniques are important. Distance is also a big factor.

The best recorderd guitar tones are not close mic'd on the dust cover IMO. And no profile should be made with the mic close and at the center of the cone. So, sure we can imagine dumb places to locate our ear/mic and then say it is unpleasant.

100%

I start my mic half way between the dust cover and the edge of the speaker, slightly off axis and adjust from there. I have been doing it this way for years at gigs. I walk out front a few times during the first couple of songs and hear how it is setting in the mix. I will make some adjustments on the position to make it fit better if it needs it. I have used the same mic on the same amp so many times that I usually get it where it needs to go on the first shot. I have altered where I put it depending on the band I am in at that time and the other instruments in the band. As stated, there is a huge difference in that small span between the dust cover and the edge of the speaker as well as on and off axis and distance.

• I'll try again...why have the Hi/Lo shelves on the cabinet module effect the main output AND the monitor (even w/ the Kone in use)? Doesn't make sense to me. I'd want the ability at the cab level to tailor my hi/lo cuts for each cab and amp going to the main and keep the monitor as is...because the imprint is already doing it's own EQing to emulate the speaker.

Thoughts?