Effect loop level over clipping noise

• I'm hearing a pop noise that sounds like it's clipping in the effects loop.

Turning off the loop channel eliminates the problem, but clipping noise occurs when I turn on the loop channel and apply high output effects such as chorus or looper.

I tried lowering the level of the loop channel, but that didn't solve the problem...

This is my problematic sound source

Kemper issue

thank you for reading. Please tell me how to solve it.

• Thank you for your reply!

I tried that method. The pedal I use is the ROSS Chorus.

Even if I set up a volume mixer in front of this pedal and set it to a very low level, it still makes a clipping noise when I connect it to the Kemper loop.

When I tried a similar experiment with a volume mixer after Ross' Chorus, the exact same problem occurred.

• Yes, I have already completed that test.

If I connect a chorus pedal just before the Kemper, it works fine.

However, noise will only be introduced when connected to send/return.

Both Input/Output indicators are lit green, so the level never exceeds headroom....

• Take a patch cable, one end in the send, the other in the return. The only thing in the loop is that cable.

Still doing it?

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Yes, I think it's probably not a problem with the pedal.

I just discovered that in addition to the Mono and Stereo effect loops, there is also a Distortion effect loop.

I tried it once with this channel selected and the clipping noise disappeared. Is it correct to think that this is due to some kind of headroom setting on the loop effect on Kemper's side?

It's very strange that I don't have a drive pedal in the effects loop, but it works fine on the distortion channel....

• My point wasn't to see if the pedal was the problem.

It's to determine if the loop itself causes the issue by itself. If a simple cable still distorts then something else is wrong internally.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• All pedals that provide a small volume boost, such as Ross's chorus pedal, caused clipping noise.

Simple delay pedals etc. did not cause any noise. I still don't understand why.