Question about running H90 into Kemper Stage

• Hi folks, haven't been on in a bit but happy to be back.

I have a question about using an H90 with the Stage specifically. Seeing that the H90 can run two algo's at the same time, is it possible to split these and send them to two different effects loops in the Kemper Stage? And is it possible to have both in stereo?

I ask because I noticed the H90 has some effects that would probably sound better early in the signal chain (e.g. drive/gain) while others would probably sound better towards the end (e.g. delay or verbs).

Can the H90 split its signal this way and can the Kemper stage effect loops accommodate this, and in stereo? I've never really used effects loops in Kemper much so I'm not super familiar with how they work.

Thanks!

• On the rack (and I'm assuming the toaster)You can have a mono or stereo effects loop. But only one. The manual shows were to stick the cables etc.

But the Stage has more i/o. The back panel looks like it has a mono and a stereo effects loop.

Anything you put in front of the amp black get flattened to mono - so your pre -amp fx can go in the mono loop. Stereo post amp FX in a stereo loop after the amp.

• The H90 can either run in single or dule mode. I run my H90 in single mode. In duel mode you can take advantage of two effects separately.

I run a H90 and a H9 into my stage.

In dual mode, can each of the two effects be routed independently and in stereo? I guess this would require the kemper to run two stereo effects loop blocks (post-amp). Is that even possible?

• In dual mode, can each of the two effects be routed independently and in stereo? I guess this would require the kemper to run two stereo effects loop blocks (post-amp). Is that even possible?

Yes. If you put the H90 in duel mode you essentially have two EXs channel. The H90 has two sets of performances one set for single mode and the other for duel mode. The stage EXs inserts are mono in stereo out… the H90 can be run stereo in/out… but the stage only has mono in/stereo out for it's EXs loop inserts

I also set my H90 to run in line mode, not instrument.

• Yes. If you put the H90 in duel mode you essentially have two EXs channel. The H90 has two sets of performances one set for single mode and the other for duel mode. The stage EXs inserts are mono in stereo out… the H90 can be run stereo in/out… but the stage only has mono in/stereo out for it's EXs loop inserts

I also set my H90 to run in line mode, not instrument.

Thanks for all the info GL! What's the benefit of running in line mode rather than instrument?

• I looked up the specs on the Stage

SEND 1+2: ¼-inch TS unbalanced, output level: +4 dBu, output dynamic range: >108 dB

It depends on how you are running your setup.

With Guitar direct in, use instrument level

With the KP loop I would run it line in

Try both and compare the sound.

Line in gives me a cleaner sonic sound.

Feel free to ask me any questions you have hope I can help

But have fun with it

https://patchstorage.com is a great resource for presets

• Kemper assumes all FX loops are mono.

If you send a loop a stereo signal it sums the two halves of the signal. I hope this is subject to change and have advocated for that change but support clarified some time back that FX loops are mono, even on the stage that has plenty of I/O that could you be used for send and return stereo signals.

• Kemper assumes all FX loops are mono.

If you send a loop a stereo signal it sums the two halves of the signal.

most pedals are mono, out/in

Using H9

If I set it before the Amp section, Kemper will sum it to mono.

If I set it after the Amp section it will keep the return stero.

You can run a H90 stereo in by using other inputs

I run mine mono separately into the kemper. Stereo out, unless I use the mono loop before the Amp section, the kemper will sum the stereo signal to mono.

If you using a comp, wawa or anything like that, which is what I use the H9 for, I place it before the Amp because they are mono efx,

• Even after the amp section, if you send two channels to the FX loop from the Kemper (eg post stereo delay or modulation) you will find that the stereo field is collapsed to mono when it gets to your FX box.