Trying to get more breakup from this tone

• And I turned up the gain on the low profile of the TJ Deluxe 64 Reverb, added a pure boost.

I took a quick listen to all the clips you've posted.

This sounds pretty close to my ears, though it's not quite right - it would absolutely fly for a gig.

I think you're goosing the gain a bit too much though - and while the amp feel/body sounds pretty similar, I think the difference between this and the live clip is probably more related to the cab/mic being used in this profile. Try using this profile, pull the gain back a bit, lock the amp settings, and try scrolling through different cabs to see if anything else gets you closer.

Try a compressor before the amp, and then try it after the amp stack, and see if either of those locations help out. Don't squash it too much - low intensity and squash, high attack, mix maybe somewhere between 60-80% wet. If you have the attack too fast, it's going to strangle that "thwack" you're trying to emphasize.

And... with all the good intentions and love in my heart, please make use of the great tuner that is available on the Kemper. You've got some nasty tuning skronk going on.

• I've stuck with the Vox AC15 one, as I think its more accurate. Still got the Deluxe 64 profile on the Profiler though in case I wanna go back to it.

I'm using the compressor setting in the amp menu and not the pedal one. Think the profile actually has one before the amp anyway.

As for the tuning I probably forgot to tune it before recording the clip or I'm fretting too hard, the clip is in D standard, so I had to tune down a tone. And I'm using 10's so they can get a bit loose when you hit hard.

• I've just noticed something else, because of my 500k volume pot (Its a HSS strat so I need that 500k for the bridge humbucker) its making my single coils very bright, hence why it sounds like that in the first few clips.

I'm going to try putting in a resistor so the single coils see 250k, which should help get some warmth back into the neck pickup. Bridge will stay at 500k. Relatively cheap and easy little trick which will probably help.

• I've just noticed something else, because of my 500k volume pot (Its a HSS strat so I need that 500k for the bridge humbucker) its making my single coils very bright, hence why it sounds like that in the first few clips.

I'm going to try putting in a resistor so the single coils see 250k, which should help get some warmth back into the neck pickup. Bridge will stay at 500k. Relatively cheap and easy little trick which will probably help.

I'm pretty sure that's what Anderson does on their guitars. They have great balance between the single coils and HB.

• So I've installed a 470k resistor to the single coils, and a 0.47uf tone cap, the bridge humbucker has a 0.22 one so maybe that was making it bright.

It sounds a lot less trebly and bright now I think, I used two different amp profiles. One with the Vox AC15, and one switching back to the stock TJ Fan Twins Med one which I kinda like as its more bassey.

AC15 profile:

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

TJ Fan Twins Med profile:

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Tone knob rolled off to about 7. Gain is zero and a little bit of compression is added. Not much.