Module is Empty, Please Select A Type Or Preset

• Hello guys,

Earlier today after hours of recording, my Kemper (non powered Toaster) started showing the Module is Empty, Please Select A Type Or Preset window. of course, when this happens you get only the bypassed guitar signal. After a lot of time trying to figure out what was happening, I shut logic down and turned the data wheel and it started working normally. As soon as I opened Logic, it happened again! After about the 10th time trying to make sure, it is definitely only happening with Logic. Can anyone help me figure this out? Thanks in advance. ;( ;( ;( ;(

• I must agree with Wheresthedug inasmuch that it is probably an issue with Logic Audio sending midi messages to the Profiler. I experienced a similar situation after the implementation of USB MIDI whereby Logic Audio was changing the gain setting on my Profiler. I contacted support and was told that I should change the change the midi channel on the profiler. I did, and it fixed the issue. However, I am fearful that every "update"will bring further issues.

• I am working my way through the same issue as well, but I am unsure as how exactly to do as you guys have described without doing more damage due to ignorance on my part.

Edited once, last by lstrawn ().

• Hi,

I found this morning that I had this very same issue. It looks like Kemper it's not the only hardware that's having this same problem of sending unwanted midi info to the device, so looking around I found this solution that seems to work for me.

"With logic not running.

In the Finder, choose Go > Go to Folder from the menu.

Type ~/Library/Preferences in the "Go to the folder" field. (note: type exactly)

Press the Go button. Then delete the com.apple.logic.pro.cs file from the preferences folder.

The file will be rebuilt to defaults next time Logic starts"

Hope it's useful!