Recording via USB sounds a bit harsh?

• Is anyone else finding while recording via USB, it sounds very harsh? When playing back what has been recorded it sounds fine.

Thanks

2 x Folreden Relic Strats - Folreden Les Paul - Kemper Stage - Cubase Pro13 - Suhr Classic S

• Not really for me. Everything works fine.

Did you mute the track in your DAW while recording? And did you activate "Direct Monitor" in the Output Settings of your Kemper?

Kemper Stage - Macbook Air 2017 - macOS Catalina 10.15.7 - Logic Pro X

• As Bakersounds said, the most like cause is phase cancellation because you are hearing the direct sound along with the DAW signal which is delayed a few milliseconds. You need to either turn off the direct signal and only monitor the DAW sognal 9there will be some latency this way) or turn off the monitoring via the DAW and just listen to the direct signal while tracking.

• Not really for me. Everything works fine.

Did you mute the track in your DAW while recording? And did you activate "Direct Monitor" in the Output Settings of your Kemper?

As Bakersounds said, the most like cause is phase cancellation because you are hearing the direct sound along with the DAW signal which is delayed a few milliseconds. You need to either turn off the direct signal and only monitor the DAW sognal 9there will be some latency this way) or turn off the monitoring via the DAW and just listen to the direct signal while tracking.

Thanks, guys,

I did not mute the track in my DAW when monitoring.

John

2 x Folreden Relic Strats - Folreden Les Paul - Kemper Stage - Cubase Pro13 - Suhr Classic S