When is the next round of Kemper Players expected to go out?

• Mine was Friday morning at the local UPS station, I was excited.

They didn´t deliver my parcel on Friday.

They do not deliver on Saturday, as I learned.

Now we have Sunday and tomorrow is a holiday. Oh, dear...

"Wenn´s net brummt, is kaputt"

• I am familiar with the problem.

You come up with an idea for a product, you forecast the units you believe you can sell in the time frame you can sell them in. You use the most conservative estimate you can so the board of directors will believe you......... then it comes time to order the parts. This is where small companies get twitchy.

Lets say you have a BOM (bill of materials) per unit (including assembly and testing and packaging) of $200.00 and you think conservatively that you can sell 15,000 units in the next 6 months. Do the math and you are asking the owner to pony over 3M dollars. Remember also that because parts are still tough to come by, you are likely looking at a build lead time of around 4-6 months....... so if you get it wrong, and you sell out fast, it takes quite some time to build more.

You can start buying parts from "part sharks" who will charge you significantly more for the parts which will eat away at your margins costing you millions in revenue, or you can wait it out.

Within a few years, it is pretty easy to anticipate your sales rate, but early on ...... not so much. This will be especially true for Kemper in this market where they are suddenly well below the 1K mark for a product and have significantly a larger number of potential buyers.

Anyway, that is my guess.

• Ordered mine from Sweetwater last night. They don't have them in stock yet but I figured it was best to "get in line". They don't charge you until they ship the item. It looks like British Audio in Nashville has them in stock but then I gotta pay shipping and they have that creepy "tip jar" on their checkout page. I can wait until Sweetwater gets them.

• Did you order from the EU or US? I ordered the 20th and they keep telling me they don't know when they'll ship mine

Ordered from EU store. It’s pain to wait but at least they let me know when will they ship.

• I had a very pleasant conversation with Kemper customer service yesterday. Even though I ordered from the distributor in my country and not Kemper directly, I hoped to learn when the shipment would get to us. Apparently our local distributor had already placed and paid for a large order, in anticipation of the KPP’s popularity here.

The Kemper representative told me they do have plenty of units in stock. They are working through the masses of orders, but are challenged administratively as many staff members are sick with the flu.

In other words, be patient. We’ll get our Players.

• I ordered mine from Spain that same day.
    Not the best news, but at least we can have an estimation. Let's hope we'll have it home around the 15th.

I talked to CS and the reply I got is "The current delivery time is 2 weeks". Either they will send the player I ordered the 20th AFTER they will send the once you ordered on the 26th, or he completely ignored my actual question and I still don't know anything. This is sort of annoying.

• I talked to CS and the reply I got is "The current delivery time is 2 weeks". Either they will send the player I ordered the 20th AFTER they will send the once you ordered on the 26th, or he completely ignored my actual question and I still don't know anything. This is sort of annoying.

Maybe it's 2 weeks for new orders?
    Anyway, all this is so unprofessional from Kemper.

• Its probably a supply vs demand issue. I ordered direct from kemper (US store) on the 27th when they were back in stock for a few hours, it shipped on the 29th and I received on the 2nd. (I also got on the waiting list at sweetwater on the 26th, they're still out of stock.)