Profiler Player midi control from HX FX

• I’ve held off a Kemper for ages but the Player is too good to miss!

I’ll be wanting to control the unit via midi from my HX FX (do this currently with my TONEX). Given midi only seems like it’s via the USB A port, anyone know if I can use a USB B to A cable to control the player? Still waiting for mine to ship but hopefully soon,,,.

Thanks

• Hi aldomontoya

I successfully controlled the player with my Morningstar mc6 midi controller using an usb b to usb a cable. But only with standard midi commands as listed in the player manual. Load the manual pdf down and have a look at what will bee possible. If you need more control, you will need sysex commands and at this point I need help on my own. I have not figured out how to tell the player to react to sysex commands via his usb host port

• Hi aldomontoya

I successfully controlled the player with my Morningstar mc6 midi controller using an usb b to usb a cable. But only with standard midi commands as listed in the player manual. Load the manual pdf down and have a look at what will bee possible. If you need more control, you will need sysex commands and at this point I need help on my own. I have not figured out how to tell the player to react to sysex commands via his usb host port

If I understand it correctly, loading rigs and switching banks falls under normal commands and will be possible with any midi controller?