Metal, straight to your earhole.

• I have to say, that as a person that doesn't relate well to metal, it's clips like these that are helping me to realize that there is such a thing as "metal tone"....and I find it compelling. :thumbup:

• I'm glad you people enjoyed this one. I've got a handful of songs on this same EP that I'm about to completely re-do using the Kemper. It sounds better than the Marshall that I'd been micing up. It's like I've been chewing on rocks for all these years, and now I've got a box of Cracker Jacks.

• I'm glad you people enjoyed this one. I've got a handful of songs on this same EP that I'm about to completely re-do using the Kemper. It sounds better than the Marshall that I'd been micing up. It's like I've been chewing on rocks for all these years, and now I've got a box of Cracker Jacks.

That song is fantastic as is the tone and playing in my humble opinion! If you don't mind me asking, What profile did you use and what recording gear/software are you using?

• Thanks!

I used one of Ola's profiles, the Mr. Hector SM57 profile, if I'm not mistaken. That particular profile just sounds killer, definitely one of the best high-gain profiles out there. It's very percussive, and I love that about it. I'm using Cubase 5.1 for my DAW. The guitar is a Carvin V220 with Seymour Duncan JB/59 pickups. I boosted level slightly using a Maxon OD-9 and kept the noise under control with my ISP Decimator pedal. Drums are SD 2.0 with a drum mixer preset that I've been working on forever. The beer of choice for this song was Leffe Blonde.

• Thanks!

I used one of Ola's profiles, the Mr. Hector SM57 profile, if I'm not mistaken. That particular profile just sounds killer, definitely one of the best high-gain profiles out there. It's very percussive, and I love that about it. I'm using Cubase 5.1 for my DAW. The guitar is a Carvin V220 with Seymour Duncan JB/59 pickups. I boosted level slightly using a Maxon OD-9 and kept the noise under control with my ISP Decimator pedal. Drums are SD 2.0 with a drum mixer preset that I've been working on forever. The beer of choice for this song was Leffe Blonde.

Thanks for the info! I need to get my recording skills up to par.
    By the way, Leffe Blonde...OWNS!!

Thanks again!

~R~