Profiler Player - "Stream" tuner

• Apologies in advance if I'm being a bit daft here, but how do you use the stream tuner? :/

Once you've pressed and held the tuner button down, you get two lots of two lights on the left and right, where should they get to when in tune? I tuned a string using a clip on tuner to see what it would look like, but nothing was centred, so I'm a bit lost!

Kemper, if you're reading this, for people who like to keep it simple like me, it'd be great to have a tuner option that just shows the string is in tune when the led gets to the centre (above 3) when using the full on tuner mode with the strip of lights.

• PVO_Dave

From the manual:

The three TUNER LEDs on the front of the PROFILER Player are always active, so you can monitor your tuning

while you play. Even when you're not in tuning mode, the LEDs give you general information as to whether your

guitar is in tune or not. If a guitar string is far out of tune, only the outer LEDs will be on. As your string gets closer to

the correct tuning, the middle LED becomes brighter. If your string is in tune, only the middle LED will be lit. So, to

tune your strings, make sure that the white LED in the middle is on, and the surrounding green LEDs are both off.

The streaming tuner shows a flat string by LEDs streaming to the left, a sharp string by LEDs streaming to the right. When the string is in tune, the LEDs do not move.

• Thanks HELL-G

In the UK manual it missing that last sentence (thought I'd missed it)

"The three TUNER LEDs on the front of the PROFILER Player are always active, so you can monitor your tuning

while you play. Even when you're not in tuning mode, the LEDs give you general information as to whether your

guitar is in tune or not. If a guitar string is far out of tune, only the outer LEDs will be on. As your string gets closer to

the correct tuning, the middle LED becomes brighter. If your string is in tune, only the middle LED will be lit. So, to

tune your strings, make sure that the white LED in the middle is on, and the surrounding green LEDs are both off.

If you want a more advanced tuner, you can either hold the TAP / TUNER button for a moment or press an assigned

foot switch or put an expression pedal configured as Volume Pedal into heel position to activate Tuner Mode. While

Tuner Mode is engaged, the LED row on the front panel will act as a stream tuner.

In System Settings of Rig Manager you can find the Tuner Mute option. This determines whether the audio is sent to

the outputs or not. To tune your guitar silently, enable “Mute”. The signal will then be muted, but only while you're in

Tuner Mode. This is a neat way to mute the signal temporarily; for example, to avoid unwanted noise when you

change guitars."

• Aha! - Thank you HELL-G I hadn't used a streaming tuner before, just the regular type and the spirit bubble in my Stage.

Be great to have the option to turn the middle string of LED's into a big regular tuner too :)

• On the bigger units the name of the note is to the left of the stream display so you would just tune to the next note down. I’m not sure if this is on the players screen though, but I would expect so.

• Hi

What if I play a 1 semitone detuned Guitar? How can I make It work in that case?

The Player can't tell you what note you're playing. Assuming the guitar is already reasonably close - tune normally. It'll just be hearing the Eb etc as the 'center' frequency.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Hello there,

It seems that, since the last update, a combination of one, two or no rig button on the player lights up to indicate the note (it does on mine). I'm not sure, I did not find any info on that in the updated manual and have had no reply to another post I've just made today here in the forum!

We'll see! 🤟