Unlock

• How big is the stick?

Does it ask to format the stick? If so - do that first.

If not, it's formatted for FAT32 and should work.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• The size of the stick is 58.5 Gb. And I did everything by the book: FAT format, stick in USB Kemper. But then it was over: the profiler freezed, so pulled out the plug and then the profiler started again. And now: where is the menu to backup?

• Ok…when you plug the USB in, if it’s not formatted you should see this:

(I was in Performance mode, but it doesn’t matter. The screens are the same.)

Once it’s formatted, this. Notice soft button 3 says USB Stick. Press that and….

This:

Pick your poison and you’re good.

HTH

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Official Post

If the LOCK button at the front panel is lit, something is locked. There are multiple items that could be locked:

1. All modules of the signal chain except ouptut section. The output section is global by definition and doesn't need locking. Such locks are indicated by lock symbols at the signal chain at the PROFILER and Remote displays as well as in Rig Manager. And if you hold the LOCK button, the buttons of locked modules e. g. B are lit.

2. You can lock Volume Pedal in Rig Settings. If the hold the LOCK button, the RIG button is lit in this case.

3. Tempo can be locked. In that case the TAP button is lit, if you hold the LOCK button.

So I guess, in your case, either Volume Pedal or Tempo or both are still locked.

• Hi Burkhard, all your mentioned possibilities have been investigated. Kemper Support advised to sent a backup of my profiler for examination, which I did yesterday: 1-11-2024. Thank you!

• Official Post

We received your backup. I restored it and there is no lock - not in Browser Mode and not in Perforrmance Mode. The LOCK button is unlit in both.

And if I press the LOCK button, all module buttons, section buttons, RIG and TAP button are off. So that is consistent and flawless.

• Thank you Burkhard! I still haven't a clue why this was constantly lit. It's over now but I can' t figure out why or how. I've done nothing to get rid of it. But I'm glad that it's OK now.

• There are only these possibilties: either a module or section locked, tempo locked, or volume pedal locked.

And that can vary between Performance and Browser Mode since locking is seperate in both modes.