Profiler Player - Backup on USB Stick

• I try to get consistent backups on USB Key on the Player. I only get it sometimes working. The manual says:

"To do so, please plug the prepared USB flash-drive into your PROFILER while it’s

unpowered. Press and hold the BANK button while powering on."

I don't really get it ho long to press and when to release. At the "Banks" button there comes a white light, then green and then green yellow.

Can't find any description to that lights and how long to press to get a backup.

Anyone figured out yet?

• as soon as the lights start moving you can release the buttons. When the LEDs return to their normal state it indicates that the backup was done.

• Official Post

Two different animals:

1. Rig Manager backups its own Local Library and settings. This way you could transfer these to another PC or change platforms from Windows to macOS and vice verse.

2. PROFILER backup is always on USB flash drive and includes all data and settings on that device. Such a backup doesn't include the OS itself.

• it's all in the Player's manual: https://www.kemper-amps.com/downloads

Restoring Backups

This option restores a backup from your USB flash-drive to the PROFILER Player. If multiple Player backups are stored on that stick, the latest backup found will be restored. Note that restoring a backup will overwrite all data and settings on your Player. To perform a restore of your latest backup, please plug USB flash drive into your PROFILER while it’s unpowered. Press and hold BANK, FX 1, and FX 2 buttons while powering on. The Player will restore and restart

• When you have a chance, let me know how you do a restore. I'm guessing it's NOT the same as initiating a backup?

Restoring Backups:

This option restores a backup from your USB flash-drive to the PROFILER Player. If multiple Player backups are

stored on that stick, the latest backup found will be restored. Note that restoring a backup will overwrite all data and

settings on your Player. To perform a restore of your latest backup, please plug USB flash drive into your PROFILER

while it’s unpowered. Press and hold BANK, FX 1, and FX 2 buttons while powering on. The Player will restore and

restart.

• This doesn't work for me - tried 4 different USB sticks - it flashes for a bit then alternates red blocks of LEDs - when i remove the USB stick and put back in computer there are no files there

• This doesn't work for me - tried 4 different USB sticks - it flashes for a bit then alternates red blocks of LEDs - when i remove the USB stick and put back in computer there are no files there

I got one of four sticks to work. An ANCIENT USB stick from like 20 years ago works. None of the other newer ones work. I did format to FAT32.

• a backup should only take a minute. If the LEDs still flash there might be an issue with the stick. Please try to reformat it to FAT32 in your computer and try again or use a different stick. Make sure that the stick is no bigger than 64 GB.