MIDI - rigs only Kemper player

• sfa_100 the MIDI capabilities of the Player are laid out pretty clearly (IMHO) in the manual on page 160:

Rig Change

The PROFILER Player storage offers ten banks with five Rigs each - fifty Rigs overall. These can be loaded via MIDI program changes # 1-50 respectively.

The Player is compatible with universal MIDI foot controllers, which were designed for the KEMPER PROFILER use its “relative” method based on CC# 47-54 to load sounds. This includes the application of the global parameter Bank Load which can be found in System Settings.

Find more information regarding these control changes in the Main Manual of the KEMPER PROFILER, which can be downloaded at the KEMPER download page here:

Downloads | Kemper Amps

sfa_100 Rig up/down is not supported, but direct access to the 50 Rigs of the Player is.

In my keyboard MIDI setup, which is on the extreme end of complexity, it would be easy for me to store a “current rig number” and to increment up and down. Not all MIDI controllers are capable of that, and those that are may be uncomfortable for many users to program.

As someone who has done quite a bit of controller programming, I suggest you find a way to assign controller keys to specific Rigs, Effects On/Off and Effect parameter changes.

May I suggest you watch the inspiring (to a MIDI user) video one of our fellow Player owners made of his MIDI setup with a Keith McMillen Softstep2 pedal? You can find it near the bottom of this thread:

As an aside, I own and use the Softstep2 for my keyboard rig. It is spectacular, if you’re prepared to invest in understanding how to configure it.

Good luck and please do not hesitate to ask further questions!

• they are and i've configured my MIDI pedal as i need - it was just a question to see if it can/could be done - thanks for the input on this

I'll probably just put my main sounds in 1-1 2-1 3-1 4-1 5-1 etc and use obtain the functionality that way :)

steve

• Hi - I want to have a MIDI pedal emulate the up/down functionality of the KPP any one have any ideas?

Thanks

Steve

If you have a Morningstar MIDI controller you can do this with a PC Scroll Counter. I've just done this on my MC6 Pro. Just have to remember if you ever set up a footswitch that jumps to a specific slot to reset the counter accordingly so it scrolls from that location next time you touch it.

I set up the three switches on the Player to control effects only so I never get out of sync.