Tonecraft = Best profiles so far?

• I have tried Reampzone, Choptones, JTM (Josh Middleton), TopJimi, plus hundres of free ones from the Rig Exchange.
    But these tones just sounds amazing. Like you are sitting in front of an amp. Not sure how they did this.
    Chrystal clear, highs sounds rounded and not fizzy. Simply amazing. If anyone is interested I can upload some sound clips.
    I have guitars with Seymour Duncan pickups and EMG81.

https://developdevice.com/prod…dle-kemper-profiler-vol-1

• How do they compare to MBritt's profiles?

Those are the Gold Standard in many people's opinions.

I have not teste Mbritt profiles. I did check their homepage. I was not really impressed with the sound of their "heavy" stuff. Like the mice position is not in the correct places and perhaps should use more microphones?

• had a look into the tonecraft profiles. As good as they may sound all the profiles have the same gain. Not very versatile in my opinion.

Most high gain profiles demos and profiles have too much gain.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• How do they compare to MBritt's profiles?

Those are the Gold Standard in many people's opinions.

None of his profiles are suitable for metal. Check out STL Tones. They have sometimes 40-50% sale so you don't have to pay full price and made by well known producers.

Henry David Thoreau

• had a look into the tonecraft profiles. As good as they may sound all the profiles have the same gain. Not very versatile in my opinion.

I bought their bundle of about 280 tones. You are not correct sir; many tones have different gain levels. Some for crunch, lead, heavy, clean stuff.
    Also if you think a tone has too much gain.... just lower it on the Kemper.

• I wonder how many, or should I say few, will purchase the revv generator profiles after listened to that demo? :wacko: How low tuned is that really? Sounds just like a mess to me. If I want to buy profiles I want to hear E standard too and not so silly downtuned. :rolleyes:

Henry David Thoreau

• which "revv generator" profiles are you talking about? Tonecraft or MBritt?
    As for now Tonecraft for me works best for metal and rock = very good and mix ready tones that fits very well.
    But you have to find two different tones that blends well together like I think they did in the link I provided.

I mean just listens to these Marshall tones. It sounds like this too out of the box. No EQ needed.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Have you ever heard MBritt demos super downtuned? :D

no, I just heard about them first time in this thread and googled them and listened to some profiles: I could immediately hear they would not work in my mixes.
    To brittle / sharp / and typical mice placement: right on the cone and too close. which is not good idea for a heavy tone. I have been mixing and mastering since the 90's so I know instantly if a tone will work in my mixes. Tonecraft have also very far away mice positions on some profiles so you can add a nice natural room reverb sound to fatten up your mix.
    Also I never listen to Youtubers about mixing / mastering or Kemper recommendations. 90 % of their mixes sound like total shit anyway.
    Listen to your favorite sounding records and found out who mixed and mastered them and take notes from them and what mices and gear used.