Thinking of purchasing the UA Apollo

• I'm testing the waters for recording. Any of you guys bought the UA Apollo and use it to record along with your Kemper? It's a big price but has some bundled software. I don't think that bundle includes any DAW software. I don't have any of that software either. I saw a video of Corey Conglio using Luna on Mac and he was able to pretty easily record a drums from UJam ( he used a mac and I use windows) and lay down a basic track. What are you guys using for this?

• Luna is free in case you use a Mac. Not available on windows unfortunately. I love my Apollo Twin. Really dig the (almost) zero latency monitoring and committing during recording with unison plug-ins. Feels like having outboard gear. I would buy one with both spdif in and out. However those are expensive.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• how do you use the Apollo for guitar while at the same time plugged into your Kemper? Can you use the Kemper as a software VST while you are connected to the Apollo? Or do you use it for other stuff, like vocals or keyboard? some use the kemper for vocals and keyboard.

• Hm not exactly sure what you are asking? Kemper is not a VST, but you can do analog or USB reamp from a DAW.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• I don’t think you’ll find many people with anything bad to say about the UA Apollo. They are generally considered top quality professional products. However, as musicmad said, they are expensive. If you are only just starting to dip your toes in the water you might be better to get something simple and cheaper while you learn the ropes. If you find you like it and want to up your game the it is easy to upgrade and you will have a better idea of what features really matter for your own personal needs.

• What I am trying to say, if you have the kemper you don’t need the instrument input on the Apollo for guitar bass or even vocals? Can you reamp a guitar recorded through the Apollo later using the Kemper? Also maybe the latency even might be be better through an Apollo for live monitoring while recording and using the plugins. I found some latency using kempers USB to amplitube.

• not sure what kemper you have, or what the older models do. But you should be able to just connect it to your computer via usb and record straight into luna.

I have a Player and can record 4 inputs from it straight into Luna. There are a couple of video tutorials on youtube, no need to buy an Apollo or any other audio interface.

• As bgr_100 said, if you don’t need mic i puts for vocals etc the Kemper USB interface should be sufficient to get started with recording using a free DaW loke Reaper. If you want and external interface there are lots of lower cost optins than the Apollo such as Focusrite or the lower end MOTU etc. once you no what you are doing and need something more advanced interfaces like the Apollo might be a good choice. Alternatively, if you have money to burn and just want something really sexy on your desk then I would go for an Apollo 😄