Using Rig Manager Mobile as librarian

• Does anyone know if there's a particular reason why the mobile Rig Manager can't function as a librarian like the standard Rig Manager? As I understand, it can only edit and save the currently loaded preset in the connected profiler. Maybe there are technical limitations with mobile devices related to storing profiles locally?

Thx!

• zabukowski

Changed the title of the thread from “Usin Rig Manager Mobile as librarian” to “Using Rig Manager Mobile as librarian”.
  • It seems Kemper purposefully limited Rig Manager in this way.

There’s no reason I’m aware of that the full functionality of the Rig Manager couldn’t be available in an IOS app, other than product management decisions and/or limited engineering resources.

• I would love to be able to browse the rig exchange on mobile and load rigs into my profiler or player while I'm at my buddy's place jamming. I feel like I always leave there saying, "gotta look for X when I get back to the computer". This would really unlock the potential of the player as well IMO.

• Nice as this would be I would just like to browse rigs in a more efficient way.

It’s been over 2.5 years since we have had an update so don’t hold your breath.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

Edited once, last by Delinquent ().

• nwmusic32

A Profiler can store 1000 rigs (or 50 in a player). Why would you have to carry a laptop to a gig when you can store everything you need in the device?

When I'm in the studio, I rely on Rig Manager for a better overview when searching, trying and selecting profiles during recording sessions. Currently, I use a notebook with my complete local library for this purpose. Having this exact convenience with a mobile device would be a significant leap forward, at least for me. I don't see any good reason not to have this feature on mobile devices, except for potential technical limitations.

Of course, gigs are not a problem for me—I don't need to bring my local library with me:)

Edited once, last by zabukowski ().

• New
    • Official Post

We understand that using Rig Manager Mobile as a librarian would be nice. However, our development resources are limited and we have other things in mind for the foreseeable future. Incorporating everything from Rig Packs to Rig Exchange is a big task and will not happen anytime soon, if ever.

• We understand that using Rig Manager Mobile as a librarian would be nice. However, our development resources are limited and we have other things in mind for the foreseeable future. Incorporating everything from Rig Packs to Rig Exchange is a big task and will not happen anytime soon, if ever.

I understand, thx for explanation.

• I personally would be more than happy to pay good money for a more functional iOS editor, just thought I’d put it out there. Probably just me though 🤷‍♂️

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• G String

Closed the thread.