Analog signal quieter than SPDIF

• I'm normally 100% SPDIF kinda guy, but I want to be able to record a DI, Stack and Stereo Verb at the same time so I have brought in 2 analog cables.

I have my outputs set as following

Main Output: Stack

Direct Output: DI Analog

SPDIF: DLY/WET

When recording into my interface (focusrite) the analog signals are much quieter. This is also the case when recording into Logic.

Is this anything I need to worry about?
    Should I fix it in the kemper or in the Daw?
    Would gain staging help balance this?
    How much additional gain in the daw is too much?

I may want to use the DI for reamping later and I have concerns that it may be too weak a signla to really push the tone of the profile.

Thanks in advance.

• First, you can simply raise the gain of your focusrite input knobs if you already see a strong green output LED on the Kemper. Mine is set at 9 o'clock (about 20% of volume) on a Motu interface.

You can adjust the Main Volume to somewhere around -12.0db on Page 2 of output.

The adjustment for SPDIF Volume is on Page 6.

DAW Volume is on Page 7. Mine is currently set to 8.0, but I don't remember if i was reamping clean or a dist guitar.

In your DAW, your meters should hit at -18 to -12 when tracking so you have enough headroom to mix and master later.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• The DAW volume is only relevant if you use USB Audio. If you use the analog and SPDIF outputs it has no function. The DI signal might look weak but that is actually what the guitar delivers. Raising it will force you to attenuate the DI signal with the reamp sens parameter in the input menu of the Profiler if you want the reamped signal to sound exactly like it would if you play your guitar through the front input.