How to mute All sounds of previous patch? (Kemper Stage) - SOLUTION

• Hello,

Is there any way to completely and immediately mute the output? I need one patch in the bank that mutes everything including slipover delays and reverb from any previous patch. I figured out that the only way to do this is to turn off the slipover on the specified patch, and when I switch to another patch, everything gets muted. But I need it the other way around, so that the new patch cuts all the slipovers from any previous one. The tuner also keeps the slipovers.

Thanks, T.

• kozZzis

Changed the title of the thread from “Mute ALL previous” to “How to mute All sounds of previous patch?”.
  • Do you have a vol/exp pedal? Set it to post and you can Mute everything

Thanks for the tip, but this is not solution, because I am using my pedal for morphing. Maybe I can use a simple button controller, but it is next one to pack with me. Better solution can be option in profile.

• Kill switch on the output or turn off trails.

You can also set a volume pedal at the output that won’t conflict with the morph pedal.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• You could have each bank of 5 as 4 slots of user-sounds and the 5th as the "kill-sound" preset.

For the "kill all" slot, put in a volume or effects loop at the end of the chain that stops all audio.

Not tried it myself but thinking out loud of the possible options...

Putting the volume pedal on the end of the chain is the only thing that works, but it requires my pedal. The fx loop doesn't because the slipover is between patches.
    Thanks for tips.

• kozZzis

Changed the title of the thread from “How to mute All sounds of previous patch?” to “How to mute All sounds of previous patch? (Kemper Stage)”.
  • Hello, if there is anyone here who has the same problem like me, here is a simple and cheap solution. I used a common footswitch and changed it to a volume kill switch. I used a momentary button but it is possible to use latching button, it depends on personal preferences. All you need is to use one resistor 10k to simulate a volume pedal and change mono jack which is the usual at the output to stereo. Schematics is attached.

• kozZzis

Changed the title of the thread from “How to mute All sounds of previous patch? (Kemper Stage)” to “How to mute All sounds of previous patch? (Kemper Stage) - SOLUTION”.