Off Topic - Audio interface and audio problems

• Hi,

I have had my Kemper for years and years and love it. I use a Zoom u24 AI and had no problem. I upgraded my PC (Windows 11 now).

The issue is that every now and then (5 to 10 seconds) the audio cuts out for a split second. It is driving me mad. It has made my entire music workspace unusable and I don't know what to do. I have searched everywhere with no luck. I have seen plenty with the problem but no fixes.

I have tried firmware updates uninstalls reininstalls, drivers, changing buffer settings.

I am posting here because I know there are many very smart audio folks here and desperate for help.

Thank you,

• Hi Jackson929,

I'm not familiair with this Zoomu24, but all I can say is that I use for many many years a very old but great DAW: Adobe Audition 1.5. To my knowledge still available for downloading. And to connect everything together I bought me a Soundcraft Notepad 12 fx for about € 170.

And of course my Kemper Profiler eversince 2014. Delivers me everything I need and I make perfect demo's for myself.

I never have had any problem with this stuff. Easy handling and great performance. I use Windows 10. I would say: keep it simple. It's not big money you need for recording (maybe except for the Kemper).

Edited 2 times, last by theplayer ().

• Have you tried using the Kemper USB instead of the Zoom? I have used a few Zoom products and find them very unreliable, none have lasted more than a year. I would try the Kemper USB and if that fixes your problem and you would rather use an interface, replace the zoom with something else. Please don't take this the wrong way but the Zoom is cheap for a reason.

"Faith don't need no second opinion"

• Have you tried using the Kemper USB instead of the Zoom? I have used a few Zoom products and find them very unreliable, none have lasted more than a year. I would try the Kemper USB and if that fixes your problem and you would rather use an interface, replace the zoom with something else. Please don't take this the wrong way but the Zoom is cheap for a reason.

Thanks for the help. I actually have had good results with my u24, but I am just an amatuer playing around. With that said, not taken the wrong way at all. It did work well on my old laptop though, no complaints until now. But now I can't stand , driving me mad.

I was unaware , you dont need an AI for the Kemper? I can plug it in direct to PC?

• . I have searched everywhere with no luck. I have seen plenty with the problem but no fixes.

It may have worked well with your old laptop but just can't handle Windows 11 (yet).

Yes the Kemper can be used as a USB audio interface. The Head and Rack are 2in/2out, the Stage model is 4in/4out.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

"Faith don't need no second opinion"

• It may have worked well with your old laptop but just can't handle Windows 11 (yet).

Yes the Kemper can be used as a USB audio interface. The Head and Rack are 2in/2out, the Stage model is 4in/4out.

Thanks Edward. So I just USB the front USB of the Kemper into my PC? If so, o you have a specific USB cable that would work best?

And aslo, I play throgh headphones, so I assume I can just plug my cans into the Kemper? (currently have them in the Zoom.