Profile Player problems WIFI AP mode with SSID

• Good morning. I am a new Kemper user, which I have acquired from Thomann.

I have some issues and would need technical assistance, because I do not know if my unit has a defect.

The first thing is that I cannot connect as an access point. I am a computer technician and I have tried it in several ways, with Android and iOS terminals.

On my label and QR I have the WIFI data: AP-SSID: Player_6B62, Pass: 1685146366.

If I scan the QR, it tells me that it cannot connect to the network.

If I scan the available wifis, this SSID does not exist, Player_ is there (without the numbering). If I try to connect to it with the password, it is not valid.

If I go to Ring Manager (Windows), I cannot change to configure my home's wifi. It is locked to only Access point mode.

I have tried to reset the connections by holding the Wifi button for approximately 15 seconds as the manual says. It remains the same.

Also, I cannot change the buttons to use the Combo 1-2 and Combo 2-3 options.

I hope you can help me, because it is becoming a bit frustrating and I do not know if I will have to return it as it is defective.

I don't know how to factory reset.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

• I don't know how to factory reset.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

that's actually in the manual as well. i didn't have the combo issues but i vaguely recall the wifi situation not working briefly. i did a reset and then it worked fine.

"This will overwrite all user data and settings and recover the as-delivered-state: Please hold the four buttons BANK, TAP, Bluetooth®/Wi-Fi, plus KONE while powering on."

"No socks? No problem."

• Hi, thank your for your help

I made the factory reset.

Combo 1-2 and combo 2-3 is always disabled

I connect to a 2,4 local wifi, but Ring Manager never give me the option to change it, it is disabled.

When I try to connect to Kemper as AP Access point I have to problem
    On my label and QR I have the WIFI data: AP-SSID: Player_6B62, Pass: 1685146366. But I can't do it with iOS or Android.

I will try to use a manual setting with this ssid and pass but I can

When I scan my Wifis I only see a Player_ I tried to connect using the password but I can't. I give and example using Windows, but it the same in all my platforms.

• I found an user interface problem in Windows version.
    We can not select SSID and PASSWORD it is always disabled.
    I use my old mac to enable the local connection

Please Kemper Fix it.

I still have the same problem with AP Mode and other issues

• When I reboot the device I can't connect with my local networks. I need to connect to my old mac and press again the button connect. If not my mobile (Android) and my Ipad always are Searching for Profiles

It is crazy!

• nothing happens to your RM UI (in the wifi section) if you press the button in for a few seconds to turn the connection off & then hold a few seconds to turn it back on? not a long enough press to reset settings, mind you. with it off completely, your options don't become editable?

maybe try the new beta update just posted. they added a wifi connection assistant. seems the local led is now green & the ap is now red, fyi.

"No socks? No problem."

• Hi, Thank you.

Yes, I can see the changes. But In Windows I can configure Local Network, only in mac.

With kemper I can activate and deactivate connection wif wifi (green/orange) or bluetooth (blue)

But Windows have a bug to configure wifi.

Also I have a problem with AP Mode, my QR and wifi setting are invalids, or incorrects and when I scan it, I only have Player_
    I can not connect using Android, Mac, Windows, iOS (iPad or Iphone) using QR or introducing the AP wifi setting info

• joseluisgs

Changed the title of the thread from “Profile Player problems WIFI and buttons” to “Profile Player problems WIFI AP mode”.
  • Hi again.

Finally I think it is a firmware problem, because my Wifi AP has the SSID: Player_ (without XXXX identifier). This makes it impossible to connect in this way. Also this network Player_ your password does not correspond to the one on the label.

Do you know if there is a way to solve this and change the SSID and Password the same as the QR for AP Mode?

I have tried resetting the connections, also factory reset and updating the version of the operating system.

If not I will have to return it, because it seems that this unit does not work well.

I think there will be no choice but for the Kemper technical team to flash the unit correctly with the data indicated

• joseluisgs

Changed the title of the thread from “Profile Player problems WIFI AP mode” to “Profile Player problems WIFI AP mode with SSID”.
  • You can find the ssid and password on the latest rigmanager

• I mean AP SSID because QR is note valid. Not my local SSID

I use the latest in Mac or winndows and I can change or see AP SSID and pass.

As a local Network I dont have any problem It IS only AP because QR info is not valid. My real AP SSID is Player_ witbout id