Direct Profiles few and non-specific - Direct Liquid Profiles Absent

• When, 12 years ago, I purchased the KPA the direct profiles were designed exclusively for live use with a guitar cabinet.

Today, with the level reached by IRs, with the advent of the brand new dynamic IRs, with the spread of hardware IR loaders of all types and sizes, with various increasingly credible cabinet simulators, direct profiles could have their revenge,also in studies and recordings.

E.g. Personally, using both the York Audio impulses and a UAFX OX Stomp, instead of the cabs present in the various profiles, I almost always obtain much superior results.

And that was just the premise... ^^

So I wonder why in the packs on sale, for each amp studio profile with a certain setting and a certain cabinet, the corresponding direct profile done properly is not given.

That is, complete with counter-reaction and mutual interaction between the power amplifier and the speakers of THAT CERTAIN CABINET with THAT SETTING.

So not a direct profile obtained through any load box, thrown there among dozens of studio profiles.

As all profile producers know, to achieve this it would be enough to insert a DI Box suitable for the purpose, at least such as a BSS AR-133, into the speaker cable (kept as short as possible).

So that every time a studio profile is finished, the output of the BSS is sent to the KPA return instead of that of the mic preamps. In 2/3 minutes each profile would have its direct version, on which specific IR or cab simulations could be added.

Why not do it?

And it would be great for liquid profiles too!!!

• you are looking for Merged Profiles

I have certainly considered merged profiles. If they were done in a genuine way they would respond to what was said above; therefore each merged profile should have a "direct component" referring exclusively to a specific cab/speakers. Generally, many of those in circulation instead use a "direct component" that is good for all seasons...

Ignoring precisely those interactions between power amplifier and speaker that I mentioned.

• Certainly. The important thing is that "that specific cabinet" is present in the chain, even during the creation of the direct profile.

After that, using the best IR, dynamic IR, latest generation simulations of "that specific cabinet", which didn't even exist a few years ago, I will obtain excellent results, often better than the original studio profile . Especially when this was made with equipment andrecording environments that were not at the highest levels.

Edited once, last by archverb ().