Mapping MIDI-Output-Volume (CC#73) to db-values

• Hi all,

I want to use my MIDI-Footswitch (m-vave chocolate) to activate/deactivate a Solo-Boost (globally, i.e. no matter what Rig is currently active). According to the manual, CC#73 can be used for that.

In my quad cortex I configured a switch to give me a boost of +4db.

Now I wonder how that translates to MIDI-values from 0-127. If the level for Solos is 127 (max), what should be the value to give me 4db less? Something like 120? or 90? or what

Any ideas how this maps?

_____________________________________________________________________________
    Kemper Player, Seymour Duncan Powerstage, Orange PPC212, Suhr S.Henderson Strat, Fender Ultra Tele, PRS S2 Custom24, Variax JTV-69

• CC#73 controls the monitor output level. If you want to create a boost function that affects the signal at all outputs you need to send CC#7 and set the range for the volume pedal in the rig settings to a positive value. A value of +5 will give you a boost of 24 dB when you send a value of 127 for CC#7.

If you want this behavior to be global you need to lock the volume pedal settings in the rig menu.

• CC#73 controls the monitor output level. If you want to create a boost function that affects the signal at all outputs you need to send CC#7 and set the range for the volume pedal in the rig settings to a positive value. A value of +5 will give you a boost of 24 dB when you send a value of 127 for CC#7.

If you want this behavior to be global you need to lock the volume pedal settings in the rig menu.

... and what value for a +4db boost?

_____________________________________________________________________________
    Kemper Player, Seymour Duncan Powerstage, Orange PPC212, Suhr S.Henderson Strat, Fender Ultra Tele, PRS S2 Custom24, Variax JTV-69

Edited once, last by keuneke ().

• I just learned that the 24 dB boost is only true if the pedal is not located at the output but f.e. before the stack.

If you place the volume pedal at the output the total boost is 6 dB when the range is set to +5. For a 4 dB boost you need to set it somewhere between +3 and +4.

Update: the exact value for a 4 dB boost is 3,3.